• Show
Clear All

• Orgasm for peace

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Nov 19, 9:06 PM EST

Calif. couple calls for orgasm for peace

By MARCUS WOHLSEN
    Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Two peace activists have planned a massive anti-war demonstration for the first day of winter.

But they don't want you marching in the streets. They'd much rather you just stay home.

The Global Orgasm for Peace was conceived by Donna Sheehan, 76, and Paul Reffell, 55, whose immodest goal is for everyone in the world to have an orgasm Dec. 22 while focusing on world peace.

"The orgasm gives out an incredible feeling of peace during it and after it," Reffell said Sunday. "Your mind is like a blank. It's like a meditative state. And mass meditations have been shown to make a change."

The couple are no strangers to sex and social activism. Sheehan, no relation to anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan, brought together nearly 50 women in 2002 who stripped naked and spelled out the word "Peace."

The stunt spawned a mini-movement called Baring Witness that led to similar unclothed demonstrations worldwide.

The couple have studied evolutionary psychology and believe that war is mainly an outgrowth of men trying to impress potential mates, a case of "my missile is bigger than your missile," as Reffell put it.

By promoting what they hope to be a synchronized global orgasm, they hope to get people to channel their sexual energy into something more positive.

The couple said interest appears strong, with 26,000 hits a day to their Web site, http://www.globalorgasm.org .

"The dream is to have everyone in the world (take part)," Reffell said. "And if that means laying down your gun for a few minutes, then hey, all the better."

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hippies
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

Jealous.
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Well...

I don't need some crazy lady telling my girlfriend and I to have orgasms. That's for sure. We do it quite well on our own.
        Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
        Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
        FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by kjohn23
          By promoting what they hope to be a synchronized global orgasm, they hope to get people to channel their sexual energy into something more positive.
          Could this have a detrimental effect on the earth's rotation or anything? Or possibly increase the impact of global warming due to all the sweaty bodies?

Comment

To paraphrase John and Yoko....

"All we are saying....... is give sex a chance!"
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Oh 'Cum' all ye faithful.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                Jealous.

YEEE-EP
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

The Global Orgasm for Peace was conceived by Donna Sheehan, 76, and Paul Reffell, 55,
                  I think I just puked in my mouth...
                  So you call this your free country
                  Tell me why it costs so much to live
                  -3dd

Comment

I missed the ages. I was gonna try and do my part but I think I'll make it a point not to.......

On second thought, what happens, happens

And it won't be for THEIR peace effort.

Comment

Um, these two are freaks. No surprise that they are from San Francisco. No offense to the logical people that are trapped by the freaks.

And, for the record, if I have an orgasm I am NOT going to be doing it with peace as an intention.

Some people are so stupid it is funny.
                      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

If they want to stay in bed instead of clogging up the streets, that works for me.
                        Last edited by superchef; 11-20-2006, 11:45 AM.

Comment

The couple are no strangers to sex and social activism. Sheehan, no relation to anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan, brought together nearly 50 women in 2002 who stripped naked and spelled out the word "Peace."
                          There is a merciful God.The thought of Cindy Sheehan nude,-ugh.
                          I wonder if she'd realize that her son died for nothing if the Dems get their way and the troops leave,paving the way for those fighting to regain the power taken from them when we invaded Iraq March 2003?

Comment

Dang, I always thought you got a piece then an orgasm would follow. I must be doing something wrong
                            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Does the Orgasm still count towards peace if I am alone while it happens.....?
                              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X