UPS Uniforms bought on EBAY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS Uniforms bought on EBAY.

Everybody be careful. $32,000 worth of UPS uniforms were bought on EBAY recently. This has potential for terrorism or home invasion. Or they could just want to make a saawweeeeet music video of some sort. UPS will never send any employee to deliver something without a truck, so if you find the UPS guy on your doorstep without the big-brownmobile grab your glock. I just found this out at work.
    J
    Last edited by mcfd45; 11-18-2006, 03:49 AM.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/upsuniforms.asp

Sorry had to pull the BS flag out on yah !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

If your gona spend good money on uniforms for a plot, why buy UPS uniforms that you could make for 50 bucks?

Even without the snopes link, this was sketchy right off the bat.
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

What can brown do for you?
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by BFDNJFF
          http://www.snopes.com/rumors/upsuniforms.asp

Sorry had to pull the BS flag out on yah !
          Interesting! Hmmmmm. My boss can't be full of crap, never, not in a million years. (sarcastic) Thank you for that link.
          J
          It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45
            UPS will never send any employee to deliver something without a truck, so if you find the UPS guy on your doorstep without the big-brownmobile grab your glock.J
            I used to do Loss Prevention (Security) for UPS in NYC and they have people called Air Walkers who roam arround on foot (in uniform) doing next day air pick ups & drop offs from randomly placed trucks & drop off counters so thats not true
            A man has to have something to believe in & I believe I'll have another beer.

Comment

Originally posted by jensam433
              I used to do Loss Prevention (Security) for UPS in NYC and they have people called Air Walkers who roam arround on foot (in uniform) doing next day air pick ups & drop offs from randomly placed trucks & drop off counters so thats not true
              In some cities yes, that is true, but in the majority of areas where UPS delivers, you will not find them w/out their truck.
              Tom Warshaw
              Station 13 (Bethel)
              Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

The information posted at work was from a DHS office. I know it can still be wrong but be careful anyway.
                J

Comment

DHS needs to be careful to avoid the "boy crying wolf" syndrome. Otherwise when something serious does happen people aren't going to be paying much attention to what they say.
                  Tom Warshaw
                  Station 13 (Bethel)
                  Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyThirteen
                    DHS needs to be careful to avoid the "boy crying wolf" syndrome. Otherwise when something serious does happen people aren't going to be paying much attention to what they say.
                    I agree.
                    J

Comment

This "HOAX" has been around a long time.

A three-year-old email rumor disavowed by UPS, eBay, and the FBI claims that a cache of stolen UPS uniforms was recently sold at auction, possibly to terrorists seeking to disguise themselves. Scary, if true — but it's not. The rumor won't die, unfortunately, because in June 2003 an anonymous prankster appended a phony Dept. of Homeland Security signature to the message, lending it an illusory air of authenticity. "Due diligence and verification of delivery personnel" is a wise policy under any circumstances, affirms the FBI, but its investigation found no cause for alarm.

UPS Uniforms Hoax

Description:

Although quite ridiculous, this email hoax takes advantage of the serious concern over terrorism. It purports that a huge purchase, worth $32,000, of UPS or United Parcel Service uniforms has been made. Predictably, it warns users that certain individuals, disguised as UPS delivery personnel could drop off dangerous items.

Although such acts can happen, this email gives itself away with the initial story on the uniform purchase, which implies that a terrorist organization is launching an attack with a whole army of UPS clad foot soldiers. Its either that or they have unintentionally exposed themselves by purchasing over-priced work uniforms at eBay.

There have been several variants of this hoax message being circulated, many of which are made to appear as if they have been sent out by military authorities. TrendLabs reminds users that these messages are hoaxes. They do not have factual basis and should not be sent out as true.

Original Message:

There has been a huge purchase, $32,000 worth, of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBAY over the last (30) thirty days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers can drop off anything to anyone with deadly consequences.

If you have ANY questions when a UPS driver appears at your door, they should be able to furnish VALID I.D. Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolute sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS does not make deliveries or pick ups in anything except a company vehicles. If you have a problem, IMMEDIATELY call your local State of Ohio Highway Patrol Barracks, Local Law Enforcement Agency, and Joint Operations.
                      Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                      Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                      On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Police have an APB out on 45 Doug Heffernen look-alikes
                        United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Be worried

Be very worried.

A quick search on Ebay found THIS.

A Fire Marshalls uniform for some bloke called Ken.

So if anyone knows a Ken who needs a new uniform here it is
                          Attached Files
                          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                            Be worried

Be very worried.

A quick search on Ebay found THIS.

A Fire Marshalls uniform for some bloke called Ken.

So if anyone knows a Ken who needs a new uniform here it is

What type of SCBA we have here? Is that the all new, low profile, 2psi, super duper light weight Matel BS0.001?

Comment

Here I am. I'm Ken. You really wouldn't make fun of me now, would you Kiwi?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X