Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your new Senate Leaders

Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
    -Abramoff Scandal, Sons who are lobbyists, boxing tickets and other perks, land deal that made him $1 million, etc. Scandels
    Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
    -His love for the military: "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings." Durbin apologizes.
    Agriculture: Tom Harkin, D-Iowa.
    -Attacks Cheney for not serving in Vietnam while he lied about his own: "In 1979, Mr. Harkin, then a congressman, participated in a round-table discussion arranged by the Congressional Vietnam Veterans' Caucus. 'I spent five years as a Navy pilot, starting in November of 1962,' Mr. Harkin said at that meeting, in words that were later quoted in a book, Changing of the Guard, by Washington Post political writer David Broder. 'One year was in Vietnam. I was flying F-4s and F-8s on combat air patrols and photo-reconnaissance support missions. I did no bombing.'
    "That clearly is not an accurate picture of his Navy service. . . . Mr. Harkin's Navy record shows his only decoration is the National Defense Service Medal, awarded to everyone on active service during those years. He did not receive either the Vietnam Service medal or the Vietnam Campaign medal, the decorations given to everyone who served in the Southeast Asia theater."
    Appropriations: Robert Byrd, D-W.Va.
    -Former Kleagle for the KKK. Proof
    Judiciary: Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. Leah
    -Leahy the Leaker. According to a 1987 San Diego Union-Tribune report, in a 1985 television appearance Leahy disclosed classified information that one of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's telephone conversations had been intercepted. The information that Leahy revealed had been used in the operation to capture the Arab terrorists who had hijacked the Achille Lauro cruise ship and killed American citizens, and the Union-Tribune claimed that Leahy's indiscretion may have cost the life of at least one of the Egyptian operatives involved in that operation. In 1987, The Washington Times reported that Leahy had also leaked secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration to overthrow Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi. Leahy allegedly had said, "I thought [the operation] was probably the most ridiculous thing I had seen, and also the most irresponsible," and had threatened to expose the operation to CIA Director William Casey.
    Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions: Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.
    -Murder?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

We live in a democratic society. The people have spoken.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

While I don't care for many of them, like Mikey said, the people have spoken (at least those that cared enough to vote). Nothing much one can do, but work with what we have. Life goes on.

Be nice to see a new topic pop up that wasn't politically charged. After all the damn commercials and campain ads, there has got to be more important things to discuss.
      Tom Warshaw
      Station 13 (Bethel)
      Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Yes, the people have spoken. We traded a bunch of crooked, incompetent, scandalized politicians with the designation "R" for a bunch of crooked, incompetent, scandalized politicians with the designation "D".

Only the names and parties change.
        -------------------
        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
        -----------------------------------------------
        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Amen Ken. You hit the nail on the head.
          Tom Warshaw
          Station 13 (Bethel)
          Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Yes, the people have spoken. We traded a bunch of crooked, incompetent, scandalized politicians with the designation "R" for a bunch of crooked, incompetent, scandalized politicians with the designation "D".
            Now how true is that!
            Yes the people have spoken, agree or not, it is still great to live in one of the few countries that can have this major of a change without violence or blood shed.
            My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
            George Mason

Comment

there has got to be more important things to discuss.
              There is, and plenty of it. That would be the reason this is posted in the "Off Duty Forums". There is still plenty of stuff to read and comment on in the other forums if this isn't to your liking.
              George Mason

Comment

Free Elections

That IS the fact. We are a civilized society (most of the time) and although we may not be happy with election results, we don't go around and kill people who vote differently then us.
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I don't mean to complain, but I am still having nightmares with the whole Pelosi as Speaker of the House thing.
                  Now, other women will want to emulate her, burn a bra or two and the next thing you know, they'll want equal pay, equal rights, the right to choose and on and on.
                  I tell ya; we could be seeing the beginning of the end!
                  CR
                  Visit www.iacoj.com
                  Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                  RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

That's why I always refer to the first Tuesday in November as "ERECTION DAY" ... that's the day you vote for whoever you want to stick it to you for the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefReason
                      I don't mean to complain, but I am still having nightmares with the whole Pelosi as Speaker of the House thing.
                      Now, other women will want to emulate her, burn a bra or two and the next thing you know, they'll want equal pay, equal rights, the right to choose and on and on.
                      CR
                      Art,

An interesting prose about the cons.

Comment

What??............

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                        That IS the fact. We are a civilized society (most of the time) and although we may not be happy with election results, we don't go around and kill people who vote differently then us.
                        I must have missed something. I thought you were from the Chicago area. EVERYBODY knows about the voting process there. The ward bosses arrange transportation to the polls, you vote right and you get a ride home. Vote wrong and you get a ride to......... Well...... Somewhere that will allow you to chat with Jimmy Hoffa......
                        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                        In memory of
                        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Yeah...........

Originally posted by E229Lt
                          Art,

An interesting prose about the cons.

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                          In memory of
                          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                            We live in a democratic society. The people have spoken.

Right or wrong they voted and spoke their desires. Can't agree with all of them. We are stuck with them for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefReason
                              CR

I could think of worst. There are several senators and house women that jump right up that I would hate to see as leaders of any thing.

The one from NY, MD and the other one from CA all born losers. Too terrible I can put the names down in print. ewwwwww

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X