• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm ... Ok...

This is a new one on me.

Studies Link Military Service, Lou Gehrig's Disease

POSTED: 10:43 pm EST November 10, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:46 pm EST November 10, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The Institute of Medicine says military service might be linked to the development of Lou Gehrig's disease.

According to the institute's findings, five studies have been done on the subject. Three indicate a higher rate of the degenerative nerve disease among veterans of the Gulf War in the early 1990s. One found a link to veterans who served prior to that war and one found no link at all.

The Institute says that it could not reach more definitive conclusions.

The degenerative nerve disease gradually destroys the ability to control movement. Patients lose their ability to move or speak, but their minds remain unaffected. Most victims die of respiratory failure within a few years.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Alrighty then. Of all the things scientists could be researching...

From the Minisitry of People With Too Much Time On Their Hands.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X