The Democrat Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Democrat Challenge.

With all the fire service hoopla over the democrats taking oever both the house and the senate, I would like to issue the following challenges;
    please post if any or all of apply in the upcoming year.

1. The fire service is the number 1 budget issue and the operating budget increases at the rate of inflation in your city.

2. Personnel shortages are no longer an issue, your city hires to strength and maintains it with an overtime budget. Safety first, no companies running short.

3. Your city realizes with it's increasing call volume they need to add stations, equipment, personnel or all the above. Post if this happens to you.

4. The city purchases new equipment on a regular schedule IAW the current requirements.

5. Employees recieve wage increases equivalent to inflation and an adjusted cost of living.

6. City contributions to employee health care grow at the same rate as the insurance increases.

7. You recieve a grant directly related to the huge increase in grant money to occur. Or if grants increase at all.

So, if you union suddenly quits having to battle the city for budget increases, staffing, training, equipment, pay raises, and health care, please post here.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

ummmmmmmmm...huh?

Comment

Yeah, and that is going to happen.

Do some people honestly think that having the Democrats controlling both houses of Congress is going to benefit you as an individual let alone the fire service? (Unfortunately there are.)

They couldn't give a rat's @$$ about you as a person or the fire service.

Every single one of the points you mentioned is a local issue. Your LOCAL politicians are failing to do their jobs. Your LOCAL politicians are the ones you need to go after.

It is my fervent hope that someday people will stop sucking at the tit of federal government and hold the local politicians accountable for their failures. Won't happen, but that is one of the many things that I hope for.
      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Do some people honestly think that having the Democrats controlling both houses of Congress is going to benefit you as an individual let alone the fire service? (Unfortunately there are.)

They couldn't give a rat's @$$ about you as a person or the fire service.

Are you for real?
        I just sat through a union meeting last night, in which they informed me that because our Democratic governor was reelected, we would greatly benefit. All our shared revenue would be restored, non of our rights to collectively bargain would be taken away, and all the impending cuts we’re facing may disappear.
        After all, all our Republican leadership (state legislature) wanted to do was cut firefighters, police, and eliminate all teachers, and put all the elderly out on the street, with no money.
        I think you need to open your mind there, sir!

P.S. I was making an attempt at humor here. But I was actually told many of these things, in my union hall. Unfortunately for us, we have a lot of engine guys who believe anything they’re told.

I will say that I hold out hope that maybe congress will work better now, but I doubt it. My belief is all any of them do is pay lip service, until they get in power.
        The things I do know, is that my deferred comp is performing at all time highs, as are my other investments. I also have more money in pocket due to tax cuts, and I'm not even rich.
        I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by jasper45
          Unfortunately for us, we have a lot of engine guys who believe anything they’re told.
          Glad to hear your knuckle draggers are free thinking, politically savy pundits.
          Last edited by E229Lt; 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear your knuckle draggers are free thinking, politically savy pundits.

Sorry Lt, just a weak attempt at humor. Our local president was a truck captain prior to assuming the position of president. He has a long track record of being a free thinker, as can be seen by our endorsment for president in 2000 and 2004, and other positions in local and state issues here.

He is in the process of retiring now, and an entirely different attitude has taken over the executive board now.
            I really do hope that the change in power will benefit the country, it has in the past.

Comment

Personally, at my local level, I'm very worried having Dems in control of my town. It will be an interesting 2007.
              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Like I said, a politician by their very nature cares about one thing - getting re-elected.

They will lie, cheat, steal, and sell out their mother if that is what it takes.

And the sheeple just keep going Baaaaaaah. Baaaaaaah.

Nothing changes. Regardless of the party.

My eyes have been opened a lot in the past 10 - 12 years.
                "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Comment

I have a simple look on things.

The Senate and House will best serve their purpose if their majority is a different party than the president's.

It's called oversite

Comment

Thats what I am screaming Lt. The last Republican I voted for President was Bush I. I am a firm believer in keeping things balanced. I do know in Illinois, Union Firefighters have had the greatest political success in our history. We have had very important legislation passed. Important things like a fair promotion bill and the ability to run for office in the town where you work. I always vote a split ticket. As cynical as many of us are, I can honestly say there are politicians I trust and admire. Our State Attorney General and Comptroller are children of Democratic political heavy-weights. I was very skeptical of the jobs they would do. They are top-notch public servants who got votes from staunch Republicans like our very own Chief Reason. Don't fall into the "we are doomed" mentality...Thats UNPATRIOTIC.
                    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-10-2006, 01:39 PM.
                    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

While I have relatively little to contribute to the discussion at hand, I do enjoy reading it. I hope that the current tone of the discussion can be maintained so that it can continue. Lets not let this dissolve into personal attacks and belittling others for their views. I know that politics is something that people feel deeply about and I respect that but I would hope that we will be able to have the debate with out it falling into the old standby of making fun of someones parentage because of their political stand on something.

Disclaimer: This statement was not aimed at any individual. It was merely an attempt to head off a potential slide into hell.
                      Shawn M. Cecula
                      Firefighter
                      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                        Don't fall into the "we are doomed" mentality...Thats UNPATRIOTIC.
                        No. It is realistic.

I do not necessarily consider the roles of AG, Comptroller, and a few other as political. Important, but not necessarily political.

It is the twit, useless, scumsucking, blood-sucking leaches that tend to serve as Governor, Lt. Governor, and the legislature.

Don't trust a one of them.

Comment

Tell us what you really think..

Shark,along with your service to our country I do respect the fact you are consistent.
                          IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                            Shark,along with your service to our country I do respect the fact you are consistent.

Thank you. I just can't get past the thievery I see and the lack of accountability from those that are not thieving - making them just as culpable.

I am sick of the little man - you, me, and the 300 million men and women getting ****ed on by the people that are supposed to be looking out for us, but can't see beyond their own wallets adn don't have the guts to deviate from the party line.

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt
                              I have a simple look on things.

The Senate and House will best serve their purpose if their majority is a different party than the president's.

It's called oversite

Or gridlock.

Has anybody read some of the "Bi Partisan" bills. They are filled with special interest pork and pet projects. You can't pass a Social Security bill without funding a study of Feminism and the proper use of a vibrator.
                              Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X