Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltmdepas3280
    replied
    Just because he has money doesn't exempt him from a zoning ordinace. I say bulldoz the pole and make him follow the law or move to a place where 80 foot is acceptable. God bless america

Leave a comment:

• waterboy1
    replied
    Originally posted by lvwrench View Post
    Capitlaism at its' finest and Patriotism at its' best; and the winner is....
    Rosie....
    Really though we had a Belle tire that had to remove a pole that was to tall. Although Trump is a moron I hope he wins this one.

Leave a comment:

• lvwrench
    replied
    Capitlaism at its' finest and Patriotism at its' best; and the winner is....

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    Bump - And an update

WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) -- Officials in the ritzy coastal town of Palm Beach have voted to fine Donald Trump $1,250 a day for flying a large American flag atop an 80-foot flagpole at his lavish club in violation of town codes.

Code enforcement officials have accused the 60-year-old real-estate mogul of violating zoning guidelines with a flagpole taller than 42 feet, for not obtaining a building permit, and for not getting permission from the landmarks board.

Trump has refused to take down the flag. He has also filed a $25 million lawsuit against the town arguing, in part, that officials are selectively enforcing ordinances and that flying the American flag at his Mar-A-Lago club is a constitutionally protected expression of free speech.

"The town council of Palm Beach should be ashamed of itself," Trump said Thursday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "They're fining me for putting up the American flag. This is probably a first in United States history."

Trump's club hoisted the 15-by-25-foot flag atop the 80-foot pole at the sprawling waterfront site on October 3. The town had given him until November 27 to remove the flag or apply for approvals.

"I think Mr. Trump, the property owner, picked this fight. I think he's been provocative," said Martin Fried, a member of the town's Code Enforcement Board.

Officials voted Thursday to fine Trump.

Trump said he wouldn't pay any fines and would keep the flag flying.

"It's all up in the court," he said. "It'll be a long time, unfortunately."

Leave a comment:

• lvwrench
    replied
    nitro

Try nitroglycerine and jump and down real hard.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by RyanEMVFD
    Anti-freeze is some good stuff.
    So is benzene.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    Originally posted by meijersweetie22
    Hey this forum is rollin thunder. I am cracken up ..lol
    Yeah I am back but improved my sentence structure a little if you only saw what I did friday I was drinkin. However no tellin family please. I am doing it again friday . I loved it but I was a handful .
    Anti-freeze is some good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• joshball
    replied
    I see both sides, but when it comes down to it. I'd love to see an 80' flag pole on ever corner. At least then people may pay attention to it and remember what some people went through to allow us to fly a 10', or 42', or even 80' flag pole.
    When it comes to the flag, I just don't see how you can regulate how high it can be.

I guess I'll pay his fines for the first year.

Leave a comment:

• meijersweetie22
    replied
    Hey this forum is rollin thunder. I am cracken up ..lol
    Yeah I am back but improved my sentence structure a little if you only saw what I did friday I was drinkin. However no tellin family please. I am doing it again friday . I loved it but I was a handful .

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    Being as it's against their code, I'm willing to bet he put the flag pole up after any inspections were done. And I agree with you...comply, challenge, or pay the fine.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bones42
    Is your house on your personal property built to your own building codes....or some government agency's? Thought so.

There are rules that govern your property. Follow them. No reason he can't fly the flag at 42' like anyone else.

Then he can challenge the building ordinance.

This is a money making scheme. And some rich pompous snob (well a bunch of them) who want everything their way. Screw 'em.

And as mentioned, poles are proportional to flags. I still say challenge it. Or pay the fine.

And where were the building inspectors when they inspected the property?

Leave a comment:

• CALFFBOU
    replied
    I am all for being a proud American and flying the colors. And for defying the authority for a bit.

But...

I think Donald should just comply and get over it. I/he/you have better things than to fight with the authorities over something like this. Be loud and proud, but just play by the rules on this one I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    Originally posted by DaSharkie
    ... on my personal property.
    Is your house on your personal property built to your own building codes....or some government agency's? Thought so.

There are rules that govern your property. Follow them. No reason he can't fly the flag at 42' like anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Originally posted by needlejockey
    Good point. At a full year of leaving it up, it would only cost him $91,250. Somehow I think that's chump change to Mr. Trump.
    no its.........trump change.

Leave a comment:

• Nine3Probie
    replied
    Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X