Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to hear your opinions on this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to hear your opinions on this....

"You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," -John Kerry

Wot?

Like a couple of million Iraqi's.

Gee, thats a bit harsh.

Naughty Johhny, all dem purply hearts going to you head?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFSSGT
      "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," -John Kerry
      If you only get to read that portion of the transcript, the remark can be taken out of context.

The actual remark was, Kerry says, directed at the President...and his lack of education...not US Troops in Iraq.

The Massachusetts senator, who is considering another
      presidential run in 2008, had opened his speech at Pasadena City
      College with several one-liners, joking at one point that Bush had
      lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."
      Then he said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it,
      you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be
      smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
      Kerry's response at a press conference:
      KERRY: Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know
      how: I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of
      his broken policy.

If anyone owes our troops in the fields an apology, it is the
      president and his failed team and a Republican majority in the
      Congress that has been willing to stamp -- rubber-stamp policies that
      have done injury to our troops and to their families.

My statement yesterday -- and the White House knows this full
      well -- was a botched joke about the president and the president's
      people, not about the troops.

The White House's attempt to distort my true statement is a
      remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe.
      It's a stunning statement about their willingness to reduce anything
      in America to raw politics. It's their willingness to distort, their
      willingness to mislead Americans, their willingness to exploit the
      troops, as they have so many times at backdrops, at so many speeches
      at which they have not told the American people the truth.

I'm not going to stand for it.
      As expected...days before midterm elections....opinions and interpretations will follow party lines. Guess it's up to you to decide.
      Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
      Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
      On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Pretty blunt quote, I've read the longer version, he might have been aiming at the President, but he missed....badly, AND YES I AM ONE OF THOSE "ASSORTED RIGHT WING NUT JOBS", (another Kerry comment), so I guess, with all my education and certifacations I should see it his way??? NO THANK YOU JOHN K!!!! He has missed the President, and hit the members of our armed forces, he should appologize, clarify, and/ or retract. On second thought keep flapping your gums John Kerry, maybe more people will wake up to your leftist B.S.
        (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
        BE SAFE OUT THERE
        NEVER FORGET
        GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
        IACOJ
        F.O.O.P.

Comment

Just once again proves the old addage... "It is better to be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and prove it."

Comment

Typical spin mastering and mud slinging by both sides. Politics has now become a version of the Jerry Springe Show.

I find it interesting that Kerry jokes about Bush's education when they had similar GPA's at Yale.

As a person who has somewhat conservative (not neo-con) beliefs, I find that a majority of the Republicans have wasted their opportunity in D.C. and sold out their core beliefs while most of the Democrats are shills for every loony special interest and wacky idea that comes down the road.

While Kerry may have mis-spoke, he is still a pompous, self-righteous wind bag.

If Republicans think Kerry's comments will win them votes, they are delusional.

I really wish that the voters had a choice for "none of the above" on election day.
            -------------------
            "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
            -----------------------------------------------
            Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

My education tells me I still don't care what Kerry says.
                "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Remember, John Kerry is the same one, who in teh late 1960s and early 1970s equated Viet Nam Veterans as being equivalent to Ghengis Khan.

He is a scumbag. He is pompous, arrogant, egotistical, and couldn't be bothered with better men than he is, ever was, or could ever be.

It MAY have been a joke, if so he botched it terribly, and you don't need to be Yale graduate to realize that you insulted millions of men and women who have served their country.

Sadly, many of the enlightened maroons in Massachusetts (my former residence) actually think the same about men and women in uniform.
                  "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieRFDPres
                    He has missed the President, and hit the members of our armed forces, :
                    So we should consider this "friendly fire"?
                    He should have apologized and been done with it. Instead he comes out swinging. Yeah, that's the kind of leadership I'm looking for.
                    IAFF

Comment

He was an asshat before, is still an asshat, will be an asshat in the future.

Comment

ketchup

Pass the Heinz, please.

Comment

Where's scfire86?

Comment

I didn't see that he'd mentioned the President until 24 hours later.I watched FOX,CNN,MSNBC and the local networks and he never did say,"To the President....".FOX nmight cut out anything extraneous but the other networks give more time and consideration to those whose politics agree with them so they should have added the qualifying statement.
                            I don't believe he was trying to say a thing to President Bush and if he's going to apologize to the troops,he needs to pay for the travel out of his own or his wife's pocket to do it personally.
                            I wouldn't salute him if we were both back in the Navy,on my destroyer and it was the first time that day we'd passed when an officer gets a saulte and greeted and if met any time the rest of the day,a simple"Good afternoon,Sir" will suffice.
                            I'd take days and days of EMI(Lots of Extra,and very little Military Instruction) from my Division Chief instead of saluting John Effing Kerry.

Originally posted by NJFFSA16
                            If you only get to read that portion of the transcript, the remark can be taken out of context.

The actual remark was, Kerry says, directed at the President...and his lack of education...not US Troops in Iraq.

Kerry's response at a press conference:

As expected...days before midterm elections....opinions and interpretations will follow party lines. Guess it's up to you to decide.

Comment

Not only no but He!! No!

I want him no where near my base or any other for that fact. Even if he does attempt to say he is sorry for his misdirected comments it is not sincere. It would be a lame attempt to keep some of the military voting his way. He is bad news in my book and should be shipped off somewhere else!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X