Deer hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    "No, of course not Son. We only started using knives this week. Usually we just use our hands and teeth." heheheehehehehehee Dam MPs, always stickn' their noses in other peoples business, just like them Dam Beavers.
    Don't get too tickled.I spent three weeks on restriction and extra duty.

Last year a couple friends on my old department started griping about how easy it was for them to fill their tags and that they were going to make it harder on themselves in the stand.
    One said he was using his archery gear,and the other mentioned he wanted to try "punjab hunting"with a knife,then the first one mentioned hitting a deer with his wife's car.
    I left before they started thinking about using the kids' eating utensils,riding toys,lawn mower etc so I don't have a clue about what they'll use now.I don't thinki that I want to know either.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter1219
      I saw an absolute buttload of deer today. After some technical difficulties I came home a nice one this evening (my first ever).
      MAN! That musta hurt when all them deer crawled up your butt.
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Well let's see some pictures!!! There has to be pictures for braggin' rights.
        It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

I didn't have my digital camera with me (accidently left it at the fire station) so ma took some with film. It will be a while before they are developed.
          TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
          EMT GEMS
          CPT/EMT MVFD
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Proud Member of IACOJ
          ---------------------------------------------------
          9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Comment

So a quick question, do Mulies count or is this a Whitetails only thread? As of now: Whitetail 0, Mule deer 1, Antelope 1. Not going so well for the Whitetail this year.
            It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter1219
              I didn't have my digital camera with me (accidently left it at the fire station) so ma took some with film. It will be a while before they are developed.
              Now, when those pics are developed, are we gonna see the head of the deer or its butt han'g outta your pants? I still say thats gotta hurt when ya got a buttload o'deer stuffed up "there".
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMerlin
                So a quick question, do Mulies count or is this a Whitetails only thread? As of now: Whitetail 0, Mule deer 1, Antelope 1. Not going so well for the Whitetail this year.
                All dead furry or feathered critters are open to discussion. Congrats to all successful hunters this year, now where is my share of the meat?

PKFPD
                IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by pkfd7505
                  All dead furry or feathered critters are open to discussion. Congrats to all successful hunters this year, now where is my share of the meat?
                  Game warden friend of mine was laughing about this guy who came down from Montana and was griping about how small the deer in western Kentucky are.
                  He leads the warden to his truck and shows what he'd bagged that morning.
                  My friend looked at the guy and back into the truck bed and asked where he'd shot it.
                  He then told the guy,"You need to go pay that farmer for his goat.He's been burning up the phone lines all morning *itching about whoever shot it."

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
                    Game warden friend of mine was laughing about this guy who came down from Montana and was griping about how small the deer in western Kentucky are.
                    He leads the warden to his truck and shows what he'd bagged that morning.
                    My friend looked at the guy and back into the truck bed and asked where he'd shot it.
                    He then told the guy,"You need to go pay that farmer for his goat.He's been burning up the phone lines all morning *itching about whoever shot it."
                    ROFLOL I've known of times that people have mistaken cows for deer (no idead how though) but I've never heard of someone mistaking a goat for one. I wonder what is scored in Pope and Young.

PKFPD
                    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Here's a pict of the Muley. Not a true trophy in the sence of it being a 4 x 4 but I'm happy with it.

Comment

Stupid question

OK I thought the pict uploaded but it didn't. I tried it again and it said it was too large. Any ideas on how to get the picture posted? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Tks.

Comment

Not to say we have a few deer around my house...

During the height of the rut this, Jake whose been fixed for seven years, decided Oscar needed some good luvin's. Poor Oscar. Talking to some other dog people, figure he was just getting too darn excited at all the females in heat, and both the deer and Oscar had four legs like a bitch.

I live in a just about ideal deer habitat, but with enough just enough houses and roads that there's no gun pressure, and little if any bow hunting in the neighborhood...some mornings recently I've had to wait for the deer to move out of my long driveway to leave...I'm afraid if I barrelled down too fast I'd chase them into the highway.

Other day I look up from the home office...oh, if I only had a scoped .22 and could shoot as accurately as I did in my teens -- had a large flock of turkeys walking across the edge of the lawn by the woods about 100' from my desk. One headshot...the Game Wardens would've never missed one and the neighbors would've never heard a .22

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian190
                            Other day I look up from the home office...oh, if I only had a scoped .22 and could shoot as accurately as I did in my teens -- had a large flock of turkeys walking across the edge of the lawn by the woods about 100' from my desk. One headshot...the Game Wardens would've never missed one and the neighbors would've never heard a .22
                            I wouldn't bet on it.They're supposed to know what critters and how many are in their area.Some take the job pretty seriously too.
                            My Grandfather had a neighbor the Alabama wardens suspected of poaching for years but they could never pin anything on him.
                            The story goes that every morning,Mr"Taylor"would go to the back door and holler,"Warden,come on up out of them bushes.You're gonna catch your death of cold so join me for some coffee."
                            Up would pop a disgusted head who would come in for the offered cup and some embarassed small talk before leaving for another try.
                            This went on for about 40 years and 3 different wardens whom Mr "Taylor"had all smoked out.
                            10 years ago,before he passed away,Mr "Taylor"was invited to one wardens retirement and of course all of the ones that tried to catch him were at the party.
                            The newest retiree got to ask,"Taylor,we've been chasing you for 40 years and every time we had someone watching your place,you'd catch them and blow their cover.Now howinhail did you do that for so long?"
                            Mr.Taylor looked sheepish and said,"I never knew where any of you boys were.I'd just walk out to the back porch and holler.Ev'ry time I did,somone would be there so I gave y'all coffee and let it go at that."

Comment

Originally posted by pkfd7505
                              ROFLOL I've known of times that people have mistaken cows for deer (no idead how though) but I've never heard of someone mistaking a goat for one. I wonder what is scored in Pope and Young.

Probably in negative integers.

Comment

Mule Deer Pict

I think this might work, altough the quality might suffer. Oh well I tried.
                                Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X