• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenNFD1219
    replied
    SATURDAY, Nov. 25, 2006, 7:46 p.m.
    By Associated Press
    Teen bags 2 deer with 1 bullet

Stevens Point (WI)- Unless there was a secret shooter on a grassy knoll, 13-year-old Ryan Roman took down two deer with a single remarkable bullet.

The second-year hunter, who didn't bag a deer in his first season last year, apparently shot one doe through the heart with a bullet that struck a second doe in the neck, according to the Stevens Point Journal.

Roman was sleeping as he and his father, Tim Roman, sat in a tree stand in Wood County on Nov. 18. He awoke when he heard a shot nearby from his grandfather's gun and saw two does standing back-to-back near his tree.

"I told him to grab the gun and line up," Tim Roman said.

Ryan took aim at the larger doe with a Remington 243 rifle and fired.

The smaller doe dropped and the larger one ran about 40 yards before collapsing, Ryan said.

Leave a comment:

• Firefighter1219
    replied
    I saw an absolute buttload of deer today. After some technical difficulties I came home a nice one this evening (my first ever).

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    "Jesus Christ,you don't hunt like that all the time do you?"
    "No, of course not Son. We only started using knives this week. Usually we just use our hands and teeth." heheheehehehehehee Dam MPs, always stickn' their noses in other peoples business, just like them Dam Beavers.

Leave a comment:

• Steamer
    replied
    The largest buck ever taken was out of my area in 2000. It was a 39 point buck taken taken with a bow. After shooting his 39-point buck when he took it to an official scorer of both Pope & Young and the Boone and Crocket Clubs, because it was obvious that he had something beyond the ordinary.

After the drying period, scorers measured the rack and scored it at 304 6/8, a new world record. The rack was the largest ever taken by a hunter with a bow or gun at the time, and still stands as the record.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steamer; 11-24-2006, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Worst hunting trip I ever had,I'd bought a crossbow and a friend that hunted with them went with me to give pointers since I'd only hunted with firearms before.
    We weren't expecting to see anything but a 4 point buck happened across our trail and Ron signalled he'd take the shot.
    Well,the deer got over this fence and we got up to it and read:US GOVT PROPERTY NO TRESPASSING. (Yes,This.Will.End.Badly.)
    We figured we'd better get the deer but didn't want any real trouble so we hung the crossbows in a tree branch and hopped the fence.
    About 50 yards inside the fence,we came upon the deer which was down but still breathing so my buddy walks up and slits its throat.While we were getting it turned around to drag back and get out before any cops showed up,we heard the sound of an M16 getting cocked.
    Looking up,we saw some MP looking like he'd just finished Basic shaking while aiming at us saying"Jesus Christ,you don't hunt like that all the time do you?"
    We had been walking across a sensor field the whole time and got busted.We were taken to the Provost Marshal's office where he found out we were Navy,and had shot the deer off the post but didn't want it to be wasted.The proof was when the found our gear hanging in a birch tree like we said.
    We had to call our Division Officers to vouch for us and to send someone to take us back to the ship for further punishment.
    Never did get that deer back.It's probably hanging on some retired Army officer's wall with a lie about how he bagged it.
    Moral of the story:ASK before you jump a fence to retrieve wounded game.

Legal disclaimer:The story you have just read is true.The names have been changed to protect the persecuted innocent sailors,and certain details have been omitted to avoid recognition if anyone here was involved.

Leave a comment:

• Ladder8
    replied
    Cows = slow elk

(kidding, just kidding...)

Leave a comment:

• Firefighter1219
    replied
    So I was sitting in the stand this morning and it was getting right out there until the cows showed up. They didn't cause much trouble though. A few minutes later several deer came out nowhere and started going crazy. One of them even hit the fence, fell over and started flopping around. They hauled tail out of there before I could get a shot. I then saw another group of deer running through the thicket a ways off. Then a few seconds later this little dog shows up and growls at the cow. I shot the dog in the face with a .243. The dog is best decribed as a mini chow (wild-looking). No deer showed themselves after that.

I tried the other end of my property this evening with no luck.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieRFDPres
    replied
    opening day here in WNY

its 03:10 here dawn of opening day only a few hours away, good luckand be safe out there, get yer selves a trophy buck this year!!

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by Catch22
    I need some real friends that'll donate me some meat while I sleep in every morning.
    Real friends would come drag yer axe outta the house and tell your wife it's an intervention from domesticity.
    I have no idea why several hunting buddies wives won't talk to me when I saw them in town.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by E229Lt
    Operator: 911, what's your emergency?

Hunter: (Frantic) I just shot my hunting partner.....I think he's dead!

Operator: Okay sir, you have to be calm, take a deep breath

Hunter: Okay, what should I do

Operator: First, make sure he's not breathing

BANG

Hunter: Okay, now what?
    That is SO WRONG on so many levels. But I like it LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    Originally posted by E229Lt

BANG

I think my mother would be ****ed about that one!

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied

BANG

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by mcfd45
    People Eating Tasty Animals?????
    J
    Where do I send my membership dues?!

Don't know if I'll get to go this year (the wife went into labor opening morning and now that they're home the season's almost half over), but I think I've got a couple guys that might fill a couple tags for me. I need some real friends that'll donate me some meat while I sleep in every morning.

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Did the Minnesota thing, lots of does opening weekend. Let pass, but it died after that. Have 1 more Mn weekend, but going to the cabin for the sconi opener. Should be fun.

Leave a comment:

• MMedrow21
    replied
    ya hear in wisconsin the season starts in t-minus 3 days everyone around here is getting excited. I would also like to say everyone hunt safe and good luck we dont want to hear any bad stories.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X