Deer hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer hunting

I wanted to wish all of our hunters out there safety and success during deer season. I know bow season has been in full swing here in Missouri for several weeks now, but I didn't get to shoot my bow enough to hunt with it this year. I'll still get to hunt during the firearms season though, I'm taking my oldest son out for his first hunt this year. May your hunts be safe and your freezer full of venison!

And for the wives out there, please allow me to explain why we deer hunt.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I'm gonna go deer hunting for the first time ever on Thanksgiving. I've been watching them for weeks and know their habbits very well. I just hope I see one with a nice rack.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Comment

your being watched

Be careful out there, PETA is watching you.

Comment

Good luck hunting and stay safe. Some of the best venison I have ever had has been at the firehouse. I personally aways preferred hunting the two leg dear over the four leg deer (at least until I got married).
        -------------------
        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
        -----------------------------------------------
        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

I'm taking three 15 year olds out this weekend for youth season and again during regular season, hopefully I'll get some time to hunt myself while they're in school

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench
            People Eating Tasty Animals?????
            J
            It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

How much longer before this clown needs a tinkle????
              Attached Files
              Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
              Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench
                PETA can kiss my butt.
                TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
                EMT GEMS
                CPT/EMT MVFD
                Proud Member of IACOJ
                9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Comment

I've posted it before... I'll post it again!!

WATCH this for the TRUTH about PETA!! (ooooo... it's a conspiracy.. )
                  Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Well,...................

Grandma (My oldest Daughter's new name, now that HER Daughter had twins) has started off the season here in Maryland by getting a 5 (Yeah, 5) Point Buck on opening day last Thursday. Friday was a washout, then on Saturday she got a 10 pointer. Son got a Doe that dressed out at 130 on Monday. Me? Haven't been out yet, too damn many fools with guns out there.
                    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                    In memory of
                    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Used to hunt.

Gave it away when the Military taught me an a dog to hunt people.

Seemd pointless after that. Too frakin easy.
                      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

For the past few years when I lived in Kentucky,whenever I had the money for licenses,ammunition,camo and such,I wouldn't have the time.When I did have the time,I wasn't able to scrape up the spare cash to get more than the license to go.
                        I been skunked so many times,my "buddies" painted a white stripe down my jacket one year,so I'm hoping to get lucky again soon.Not long ago,I was out for squirrel and a doe came running up to where I was sitting and passed calmly and close enough I could have reached out with my .22 and touched the barrel to her.
                        Maybe there's hope for me this year.Good luck to everyone,be safe and I hope PETA uses lipstick when they kiss you where you want it,just to make the ol' lady wonder what you were up to while away.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter1219
                          I just hope I see one with a nice rack.
                          Ya, I'm always on the hunt for a nice rack too.... oh wait, you're talking about 4 legged critters..... Havent seen much around here recently, but apparently a couple of cars have hooked one or two in the past 24 hours.
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Okay, I know it isn't a deer hunting story. But, how about a doe antelope and a 400 yard shot? It was my first big game hunt, both my brother and I filled. Good luck to all y'all out there.
                            American by Birth, Firefighter/EMS Provider by the grace of God!

These are my personal views/opinions and do not necessarily reflect that of my department.

Comment

What a weekend!

Opening weekend of fall rifle season here, I had 4 boys out with me, my 15 year old, 16yr nephew, and the 14 and 17 year sons of a fallen firefighter with me, all 5 of us scored, two of the boys got 2. I'm gonna be butchering deer all day tomorrow!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X