Exploding Beer Keg Kills Conn. Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding Beer Keg Kills Conn. Man

(AP) NEW MILFORD, Conn. An outdoor party that’s an annual event in New Milford, Connecticut, ended in tragedy after someone apparently threw a keg of beer into an open fire.

The keg exploded, sending shards of shrapnel slicing through the crowd of partygoers. A 22-year-old man was killed after a piece of flying metal struck him in the neck. Seven others were hurt.

The explosion early yesterday could be heard miles away.

Witnesses told police they saw someone put what appeared to be quarter-keg of beer into a burning barrel.

Police will interview witnesses to determine who threw the keg and whether criminal charges should be filed.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Okay, say it with me now, B.L.E.V.E!

It is unfortunate that this occurred, but to be honest, I'm surprised there haven't been more reports of this happening. Beer, fire and idiots...A potentially lethal combination.
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Comment

Originally posted by fireman4949
      Okay, say it with me now, B.L.E.V.E!

It is unfortunate that this occurred, but to be honest, I'm surprised there haven't been more reports of this happening. Beer, fire and idiots...A potentially lethal combination.
      yup..what the Brother from Tallahassee said.
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

terrorists

I agree that this is unfortunate. Now I wonder if beer kegs will go off the market because terrorists will try to use them as IED's.

Comment

Be interesting to find out what "Bright Spark" threw it in the fire to start with. Wonder if it was the deceased?
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench
              I agree that this is unfortunate. Now I wonder if beer kegs will go off the market because terrorists will try to use them as IED's.
              I believe you meant to say AED's...Alcoholic Explosive Devices.
              Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
              IAFF Local 2339
              K of C 4th Degree
              "LEATHER FOREVER"
              Member I.A.C.O.J.
              http://www.tfdfire.com/
              "Fir na tine"

Comment

One can only hope the keg was empty.
                Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nine3Probie
                  Here's your sign.

I wonder if he'll be submitted as a potential Darwin Award winner?

DANG !
                  I wanted to mention the Darwins... However, he would only be eligible if he actually put the keg on the fire. I beleive that he may be entitled to honorable mention for not , "am-scray-ing" ( I know it's not a real word) when the keg went on the fire !.
                  I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Comment

Originally posted by pvfire424
                    DANG !
                    I wanted to mention the Darwins... However, he would only be eligible if he actually put the keg on the fire. I beleive that he may be entitled to honorable mention for not , "am-scray-ing" ( I know it's not a real word) when the keg went on the fire !.
                    "Hey Bubba. Ya dun go'n tossed da keg in da fire. Whadjya do that fer? Now woodjya lookit dem perty colors ......." BOOOOMMMM

(notice I used the US English spelling for colours? LOL)
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                      One can only hope the keg was empty.
                      You are correct. It would be a terrible waste of good beer.
                      K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
                      EVERYONE GOES HOME
                      IACOJ

Comment

It would be lucky if the deceased and the brainchild that threw the keg in the fire were one and the same. Unfortunately, it always seems to end up being just some guy in the wrong place at the wrong time that gets hurt while the idiot stands there wondering what just happened. Just like DUI wrecks always seem to hurt the other guy worse. Criminal charges are definitely appropriate for this one.

Comment

You are correct. It would be a terrible waste of good beer.
                          Unless it was BUD, then the more kegs the better off the world will be.

Oh, hang on BUD isn't beer.
                          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

A keg bleve. Great.
                            Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                              Unless it was BUD, then the more kegs the better off the world will be.

Oh, hang on BUD isn't beer.
                              YA! What he said. Drinking Bud is kinda like sex in a canoe... Both are (d)ucking near water!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X