• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.
    I see errors like that EVERYWHERE!
    In books, on all types of websites, news articles, magazines etc. etc. etc. Drives me INSANE!
    People need to learn how to proofread. Or just read, period.
    Couple years ago,there was a outdoor sports show in Murray Ky,where one attraction for the kids was a "croppy"tank for them to fish from.
    Two days later,appearently after numerous calls,there was an updated ad mentioning their "crappy"tank.
    Since no one would have let the kiddies near that one,the day of the show's start,they finally aired that there was to be a "crappie"tank for fishing.

Some of the news scrawls across the bottom of the screen for the news reports,whether local or the cable networks can be fun to read as well.You'd think people that make their livings with words and facts would be better schooled in spelling and grammar.
    They expect those of us that fight fires and administer prehospital emergency medical care to know what we are doing.Why shouldn't they be held to the same standard?

Leave a comment:

• needlejockey
    replied
    Deatiled - the act of removing tile?

Leave a comment:

• PattyV
    replied
    You pays me five moneys and i learn you gooderer engrish!

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I see errors like that EVERYWHERE!

In books, on all types of websites, news articles, magazines etc. etc. etc. Drives me INSANE!

People need to learn how to proofread. Or just read, period.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Thats something I would have expected to see in say Singapore, Thailand or Phillipines where knock-off stuff is just slightly mis-spelled to hide the fact that the stuff will self destruct either on the first washing, if clothing or 10 minutes after you've sailed outside the 200 mile economic zone for electronic gear.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    What, you havent heard of "deatiled"? Its a new material for boat building. More durable then fiberglass.

Leave a comment:

• lvwrench
    replied
    the wife said

Like my wife says,"I'll get the magnifying glass and tweezers".

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    I guess poor spelling isn't just for kids anymore

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    started a topic Code 3 Ad

Code 3 Ad

Anyone else notice this ad?

If they are that "deatiled" about their ads....how "detailed" can they be with their products?
    Attached Files

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X