Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start?

Hello everybody,

I'm interested becoming a fire fighter, but really do not know where to start. I know getting EMS cert is a good place, but I am confused how obtaining from an academy works. Even if I do attend an academy and seek to be hired by a department I would still have to be trained by there academy is my understanding correct? Please let me know how to get my foot in the door with the fire service. Thank you for your help.

--David

David, best thing to do is get in touch with your local fire dept and get the "Low Down" from them directly. They will be able to give the best guidance, regarding hiring requirements and what certs - if any - are needed. You will (should) attend the Fire Academy, once your preliminaries are completed, and you are in fact hired. Every city, county and state have their own hiring practices, so what works for lets say Fairfax County, VA is not necessarily what will happen in Dade County, FL.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X