Grumbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Always with the negative waves,Moriarity!"
    The last two years I was in the Navy,I didn't see snow or even cold weather because everytime it did either,we "had" to leave port and go to the Caribbean for training exercises.
    Boy,was getting out and not being able to head down anytime I wanted to the sunny warm Caribbean to see the beach bunnies a real shock.

Comment

Wow that does sound interesting!

that actually does sound good I love the sunshine I like it hott out not cold burr yucko!

Comment

Woke up today and it was like... 34. Holy crap. It was 80 Friday.
        Damn this texas weather
        The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

My personal theory about why the winters are warming up is not because of car emissions and Al Gore's house polluting the air,but because we have water use restrictions.
          Think about it.The humidity is low during the summer,so it doesn't rain,yet we cannot water out lawns and add moisture to the atmosphere to cycle around the planet,carried by the weather patterns to fall elsewhere, so it can evaporate from there,be carried by the weather patterns to fall elsewhere.....
          No moisture,no rain or snow so the Yankees gripe about how they miss the snow of their youths,when there Dad would turn the sprinkler on and run enough water to soak the street.
          But,appearently,blaming cars is easier than watering your yard and letting people do their own part to saving the planet.

Comment

What gets me about "water conservation" is during the winter months, the resevoirs all fill up to max (plus) capacity, but by the time February hits, most places are releasing water from the resevoirs because they are "over-full". Those same communities then cry during the summer months because now they have to go to restricted water usage. Because the resevoirs are "low" and there is a concern about not having enough for essential needs. Go figure.

I hear this story all the time from the Victoria area. A few years ago they expanded the Sooke Lake Water Resevoir to increase its overall capacity. With all the water they've had over this past season, I've been seeing stories in the local news that they are letting water out. So much for the expansion.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

well looks like the snow is melting finally....

we got a little rain but not enough to get rid of all the yuck snow bring on the heat..imao!!

Comment

Sunny and in the 70-80 range. Possible T storms this week, (which we need) but humidity has been low...bad fire weather.
                09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                ------------------------------
                IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                BMI Investigator
                ------------------------------
                The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Gosh That Weather Sounds Great !

I am jealous!!!

Comment

We are on tank water-collected from our house roof. Just had my baby sis and her partner over from the UK for three weeks--we had 2,500 galls of water delivered just prior to their arrival (due to no rain)--and yesterday we had another 2,500gall delivered. Not as bad as the Aussies are feeling it--but never take the wet stuff for granted!

Snow--wots that? Only snow we see is in the back of the freezer!

Cold (as in very cold) beer anyone?

Comment

yes I agree on that one..

sure a beer I am in need of one imao.

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom View Post
                        Cold (as in very cold) beer anyone?
                        I believe it's breakfast.

Comment

Well my grumbles are gone I just ate..

egg plant something pasta related dunno what it was called but it was very tasty. imao!

Comment

my stomach is grumbling so I think I am gonna go eat

eat some dinner. although i had 2 beers ...now its time to eat....I am hungry...

Comment

definatley food time again

imao time for lunch...

Comment

Grumbles in the dark dark sky ...

Under a tornado watch and a little scared?;lmao

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola