No announcement yet.

Grumbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're having a spectacular October. Due to end tomorrow Rain by Sunday.

Better than all that winter **** most of you are dealing with
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I want my winter back!
      Okay maybe its a half-arsed excuse for a winter... but it beats summer!
      I would probably sell the soul of my firstborn for a nice Canadian style winter. The only place we get snow on this damn island is in the Snowy Mountains.
      Australians have this habit of giving things the most obvious name they can. Example.
      They couldnt get through a reef that stretched most the way along the eastern coast: Now called the Great Barrier Reef
      They built a bridge across Sydney harbour: Now called the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
      There was a mountain range that they couldnt get over: The Great Dividing Range.
      They found a mountain range covered in snow: The Snowy Mountains.
      Last edited by PattyV; 10-13-2006, 09:26 PM.
      "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

Originally posted by PattyV
        Might not mean much to you yanks but i think the canadans here might understand.
        Soooo.... who is a yank?
        Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

PattyV

I'll Trade ya a West coast of Canada, raining blowing winter anyday. Not much snow though, but usually 3 feet of rain a month lol . I aint talking about no sissy Mainland winter weather. I'm talking about weather out on the Rock here.

Cheers Stay Safe
          Firedog21
          I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

Weather on the Rock was suiting me just fine until this morning ....

No sleeping in today thanks to the fog horns.

I think it was the Coho, over and over and over again! Finally just got up after one particularly loud one. She must have been right here in the harbour.

Patty .... 36 is the hottest I've been in, well here in Canada at least. Not sure how hot it was when I had to take a holiday in Miami IN JULY while I was working on the cruise ships Ugh, I didn't even go outside until after 4pm.
            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Patty
              At least you can't get lost with everything so obvious. I still want to move to Sydney. I loved the land down under. Besides, if I was living in Sydney, it would be a lot cheaper to fly to New Zealand from Sydney than it is from SF.

The clouds and fog burned off by noon yesterday and today is promising to be the same. October is the best time of the year in SF.

Comment

I have seen it all

The other night I saw something that isn't right. Proof that MI weather is jacked up.

It was snowing and storming at the same time. Now was falling and so was lightening. I couldn't believe it.
                J
                It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Global warming anyone?

We had a cold front hit the other day, got down to 50 degress I think. Break out the fire place.
                  NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
                  IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

Firedog i would glady swap weather with you for the sake of all the farmers in the country. We need water. We need it bad. We are starting to build desalination plants off our beaches. We are gonna get even stronger water restrictions on the 1st of November in my area.
                    I wish that it only got up to 36 here. When it starts getting up to about 40 you stop being able to shed body heat. Turning on a fan just blows hot air at you.
                    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

Australians have this habit of giving things the most obvious name they can
                      Like Toowoomba?

Is that an Aussi saying "Sheep, go back to your mother"
                      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

here's my lovely forcast...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well imagine my surprise yesterday (Saturday) morning when walking out of the station from a rather slow (only one call) night on the amb, to find FROST on the windscreen of my car! YUUUUKKKK. But by about 11am - was County Fire Dept Open House too - the sun had warmed up enough to be pleasant if it werent for that balmy breeze blowing through. Oh well. I'll take a Balmy Breeze and Warm Sun any day for 1000, Alex.
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFFSA16
                            BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A rare early October snowstorm downed tree
                            limbs and toppled power lines Thursday night, leaving nearly more
                            than 155,000 customers without electricity.
                            Between 3 and 4 inches of snow fell in most areas around
                            Buffalo, with some spots expected to receive 6 to 12 inches by
                            Friday morning, officials said.
                            The heavy snowfall at this time of year is almost
                            "unprecedented," said Tom Niziol, a meteorologist with the
                            National Weather Service.
                            "This is an extremely rare event for this early in the
                            season," Niziol said.
                            Buffalo Niagara International Airport, which received 5.1
                            inches, shut down for less than two hours late Thursday.
                            National Grid was working into the night to restore power to the
                            thousands of customers left in the dark, but many were expected to
                            be without power through the weekend and into next week, spokesman
                            Steve Brady said.
                            "This is extremely heavy snow and most of the trees still have
                            most of their leaves ... we can't do a complete damage assessment
                            until the snow stops falling," said Steve Brady.

APTV 10-13-06 0006EDT
                            Yeah it was snowing on Buffalo. The big problem is that with the leaves on the trees there is alot of weight to hold up, and many werent. Many areas of Buffalo and surrounding communities look like a tornado went through. I spent most of Friday night doing basement pump outs mutual aid to a FD hit pretty hard by the storm. While we are used to the snow here in WNY we usually dont get it in MID OCTOBER! As with past storms we will clean up and move on, but that may take a while.
                            Shawn M. Cecula
                            Firefighter
                            IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

I am hungry but I gotta wait.

IS somebody hungry lol? or is it the sky that grumbles the rumbles. JK!!!
                              I personally much rather take the heat up then the cold...

Comment

Well the sky here today had lightning and grumbles.!

it sure was interesting i love water so it was a blast! but the rain was cold.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X