Old FDNY Manual of Instruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old FDNY Manual of Instruction

Found this the other day in our small fire museum in downtown BR. Thought it was a pretty interesting find. Going to see if the DC in charge of the museum will let me "check it out" for a read. Was wondering if you FDNY guys had seen one this old before?
    Attached Files
    BRFD Eng. 1

Cool find!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Some of the guys on this forum were probably issued that on the island !
      ******=================
      ******================
      ******=================
      ******================
      =======================
      =======================
      =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

Lowell M. Limpus wrote a number of books about the FDNY and its history and operations.

If you can ever find History of the New York fire department, by Lowell M. Limpus you will find many a great story within its binding. There is also a forward from Chief John J. McElligott.

You have a good read on your hands. I think I have a copy of that around here as well.

FTM-PTB

PS-Many of the evolutions in there are unchanged and still practiced today.

Comment

Very cool indeed. I hope you are able to enjoy reading it.

Comment

Reminds me of some of the early Seamanship manuals. I've had opportunity to view a couple of them and compare against what we do today. Somethings never change and others ..... well. There's a reason I guess. LOL ON the other hand, sometimes books like that give some really great insight to the thinking of some of the "Old Guys" too.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by SmittyBR
              Found this the other day in our small fire museum in downtown BR. Thought it was a pretty interesting find. Going to see if the DC in charge of the museum will let me "check it out" for a read. Was wondering if you FDNY guys had seen one this old before?

Read it Brother, maybe you can learn from it. Love to have for my collection. Email me and let me know ehere you aquired it.
              OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
              343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader