Flags Of Our Fathers movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags Of Our Fathers movie

A movie directed by Clint Eastwood is coming out on October 20th. It's about the WWII battle of Iwo Jima and the men who raised the flag in that famous photo. I don't go to the movies much because Hollywood hasn't put anything good out lately. However, I definitely plan to see this one.

God Bless Our Veterans and our Active Duty Military

You can watch the trailer here:

http://www.flagsofourfathers.com/
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

The audio was all choppy for some reason, so I didn't get to watch it all. I haven't been to many movies either ... last one was Ladder 49, one before that (other than a Warren Miller ski movie at the IMAX) was ummmm hmmmm Roger Rabbit, which I saw when the cruise ship I was working on was in dry dock in Jacksonville. That was a LONGGGGGGG time ago LOL.

I would go see this.

Speaking of movies, has anyone seen the Guardian yet?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I can't wait to see this flick !
      ******=================
      ******================
      ******=================
      ******================
      =======================
      =======================
      =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

Can't wait to see it, hoping it's half as good as the buzz. They are also releasing a second movie filmed from the Japanese perspective, called Letters from Iwo Jima , which will be released in Japan soon after Flags.

Comment

If (and that is a mighty BIG IF) it sticks to the book and the facts of the battle it will be an excellent movie.

I have not been to any movies in a theater since Blackhawk Down and We Were Soldiers both came out in like 2001. (Both of which followed the book's extremely well.) Nothing worth my time or money has come out since. This may be the exception and I have already forwarned the Mrs. that I shall be attending it.

On a related note, earlier this year I was fortunate enough to receive a small dime-bag sized bag of the black, volcanic rock from Iwo Jima. It was collected for me and several other current and former Marines by a former Marine that took part in the invasion.

The first time I held that bag in my hands I can only describe it as akin to a religious experience. I treasure it greatly, and still stare at it with awe.

Semper Fidelis Top!
          "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by DaSharkie
            The first time I held that bag in my hands I can only describe it as akin to a religious experience. I treasure it greatly, and still stare at it with awe.

Semper Fidelis Top!
            I held some rock in my hand once about 8 years ago....same effect....I still get the chills when I see the picture......still motivates me in a way I can't explain, but I am sure every Marine understands. Makes me especially proud to be a member of the 25th Marines.

I plan to see the movie when it comes out....
            IACOJ Member

Comment

I believe that since Clint Eastwood is directing it... it will be better than if say, Oliver Stone did it. But, everyone has to remember it is Hollywood. Some liberties will be taken
              The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985
                I believe that since Clint Eastwood is directing it... it will be better than if say, Oliver Stone did it. But, everyone has to remember it is Hollywood. Some liberties will be taken
                Just remember,Oliver Stone is a man that hates his country,even while reaping its benefits,and he shows it in the movies that he makes.

Comment

Flags of Our Fathers a must see. AGAIN...THANK A VETERAN TODAY!
                  ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
                  NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                  CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
                  LT. John Ginley Engine 40
                  FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
                  FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
                  FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
                  FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
                  FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
                  FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
                  FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
                  FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
                  FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
                  "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
                  *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

Originally posted by BFDNJFF
                    Went to see it myself tonight at the 7 pm showing and must say the movie is great and I would reccomend anyone with a history buff to go and see it. I will definately purchase this one when it comes out.

Just quote myself from the other thread
                    ******=================
                    ******================
                    ******=================
                    ******================
                    =======================
                    =======================
                    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse