seeking info on Silver Spring, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking info on Silver Spring, MD

My wife is in the planning stages of a trip for the family to Washingtom DC in May of next year and she has found a Raamada INN in Silver Spring that appears to be close the DC Metro rail line and is fairly inexpensive.

Okay so now the questions:

1) Anyone know anything about the city of Silver Spring? I mean is it a safe area? I know I sound like a hick asking that but hey, so what.

2) Anyone know anything about this Ramada Inn? Is it a nice place or an older kind of junky place?

3) How close is the Metro Station to 7990 Georgia Avenue? Is it walking distance?

Thanks guys,

FyredUp
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Silver Spring is a village/unicorporated town in Montgomery County. The Discovery Channel is HQ'ed there. You will be perfectly fine. 7990 Georgia Ave. is .7 mile from the Silver Spring Metro station.

If you want a tour of the White House while in DC call your Congressman's office the last week of October so that they can put in the request on the first of November. May is the peak for tourists at the White House, so if you are a day late getting your six month advance request in you can forget about it. While you are on the phone with the Congressman's office request a Capitol Tour, if you really want to be bold and the kids are in great shape, request a Capitol Dome tour.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 09-28-2006, 10:15 AM.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

The last trip I made to DC we had to change motels and we ended up in a less than desirable area where we heard gunfire at night. So I hope you can understand my desire to ensure the safety of my family.

The tour info was a real bonus we will be making contacts.

Thanks again,

FyredUp
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola