Well. It Doesn't Get Any Closer Than This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. It Doesn't Get Any Closer Than This

I heard sirens, and ignored them (hear them all the time around here LOL) and then someone came in and said we couldn't go outside because the bomb squad was in the plazza outside. Then I get an email telling us that the bomb squad was out in the plazza and that we were "locked down" until futher notice. Around that time I get a phone call on my cell from Chief Woods, leaving a message asking "What the hell are you guys doing out there?" {ok literary licence taken there } followed by another email that gives the "all clear".

Bomb-Sniffing Dog Prompts Courthouse Evacuation

POSTED: 10:19 am EDT September 27, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:46 am EDT September 27, 2006

WASHINGTON -- A police dog trained to detect explosives alerted police Wednesday morning to a suspicious package at the E. Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse, not far from the Capitol.

Sheldon Snook, chief of staff to Chief Judge Thomas Hogan, said fire alarms sounded, and the building was cleared shortly after 9:30 a.m. as a precaution. Traffic in the area of Third and Constitution Avenue Northwest has also been diverted.

The evacuation occurred shortly before a hearing was to begin in the CIA leak case.

Special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald and about eight of his associates were forced to leave the building and join more than 100 others on the sidewalks nearby. The defendant in the case, former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, and his legal team had not arrived.

The judges of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia were moved across the street to the District of Columbia Superior Courthouse.

Stay with News4 and nbc4.com for more information.
    Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    -------
    {email msg}
    Subject: Security Broadcast - Suspicious Package

To all staff,

Please be advised that there has been a suspicious package found in the park in front of the Embassy. Washington police are investigating. All Embassy staff are asked to please remain in the building until the park has been cleared.

Thank you,

I DIDN'T DO IT No one saw me do it and I wasn't "here".
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

coffee

Actually the dog responded to a double mocha latte decaf and scone. he was hungry for breakfast.

Comment

So who exactly IS burning hotels and planting bombs in the Embassy area in DC?

Seems to me that someone knows an awful lot about these issues and is paying close attention to them.
      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Well when you work in what I call "Bomb Central", where if something really does go bang.... I wont be around to tell about it, since the office is about 2500 yards from the Capital Building, and the court houses are right behind us.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
          Well when you work in what I call "Bomb Central", where if something really does go bang.... I wont be around to tell about it, since the office is about 2500 yards from the Capital Building, and the court houses are right behind us.
          Well, we don't want that to happen to you. You seem like a nice guy.

Just be careful, and stay below the radar.
          "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Comment

Sorry for the Hijack

What I find amazing about this story, is in the world we live in the paper goes into detail about where everybody ended up after they were evacuated. I would think though that if I can find out just by reading this 1 little article, that any wack job out there could determine, that hey I want to off Judge so and so, so if I say theres a bomb here they'll go there and be waiting for them. Really makes me wonder about the people reporting the news. Sorry for the rant. I DO feel better now.

Comment

Hey Sharkie, I can't tell you about the events that didn't take place yesterday as I wasn't leaving the building to go home. DCFD didn't respond to a box alarm at the Capital Grille around the corner from here as I was not leaving the building.

**It was a bit fun to see yet another lady decide that she could both walk against the red light AND Engine 2 Chinatown, just as he crossed into the opposing traffic to drop a hydrant line and then lay it across 4 lanes of traffic. Then Heavy Rescue arrived, with 4 more engines, a tiller and ladder and a BC rolled in too. But by this time I was just about to the Archives Metro station on the way home to change for German BeerFest...... Didnt see any smoke or even much of anyone evacuating the building either.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                Hey Sharkie, I can't tell you about the events that didn't take place yesterday as I wasn't leaving the building to go home. DCFD didn't respond to a box alarm at the Capital Grille around the corner from here as I was not leaving the building.
                Very funny. I like it.

Truckie,

Do you really think the folks in the folks in the media actually care about the issues that their stories bring to light?

Comment

Maybe?

Originally posted by DaSharkie
                  So who exactly IS burning hotels and planting bombs in the Embassy area in DC?

Seems to me that someone knows an awful lot about these issues and is paying close attention to them.
                  You lot ain't annoyed the IRA-have you? This was LFB's daily routine in the 70's--mind you they (IRA) have been awfully quiet since Al Queda has crept into the limelight, and the anti has been upped considerably now that terrorism can earn you a death sentence. Dying for the cause now means exactly that.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X