• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awwwllriiggghhtttyy Then...

Lawyers Assert Calif. Executions Are Unconstitutional

POSTED: 10:30 pm EDT September 25, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:35 pm EDT September 25, 2006

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Defense lawyers will argue against California's method of lethal injection in federal court, saying it may seem pain-free but actually causes an excruciating death.

The argument began over Michael Morales, who's on death row for raping, torturing and murdering a 17-year-old girl 25 years ago.

U.S. Judge Jeremy Fogel, who put Morales' execution on hold in February, will hear testimony in San Jose from former wardens, execution team members and medical professionals.

Morales' lawyers say intravenous lines more than 6 feet long, which allow executioners to keep away from the inmate, can kink and clog. And, they contend, a paralyzing agent can cause internal burning pain.

The judge has said his review of six San Quentin executions brought up questions about how long inmates remain conscious and whether they're in pain.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.

Would the Bleeding Hearts please step to the front of the line? Thank you. Maybe we should just shoot them, like they do with cattle....????

There is a survey if you are interested:

www.nbc4.com/news/9932334/detail.html
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Someone should ask Morales' victim if she had a painless death... being raped, tortured and all..
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
      Someone should ask Morales' victim if she had a painless death... being raped, tortured and all..
      [Sacrasm ON]But Cap that's not what's important. I mean we have to be sensitive to his needs and make sure he gets to leave this world in as peaceful of a manner as possible or better yet we could just keep him locked up and try to rehabilitate him.[Sarcasm OFF]

To hell with him, his lawyer, and the judge for even considering stopping this guys execution. I'm sure the judge would be calling for this guys head if it had been his wife or daughter that had been raped, tortued, and then killed. I sympathize with the family who is having to endure this wretched abuse of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
        [B][COLOR=BLUE]
        Morales' lawyers say intravenous lines more than 6 feet long, which allow executioners to keep away from the inmate, can kink and clog. And, they contend, a paralyzing agent can cause internal burning pain.

I think I can kink a 2" long IV line, not just a 6' one. And as far as the internal burning pain goes, how bout we just skip the paralyzing agent and give him the deadly one instead of being nice and knocking him out first.
        Fir Na Tine
        Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Originally posted by needlejockey
          I think I can kink a 2" long IV line, not just a 6' one. And as far as the internal burning pain goes, how bout we just skip the paralyzing agent and give him the deadly one instead of being nice and knocking him out first.
          Just like prepping the IV site using aseptic techniques. WHy are they gonna worry about cellulitis if they're dead? Me? I would find the rustiest, dirtiest needle I could...Preferably a 14 guage.
          The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

lead

To heck with all of the PC ways of "kacking" some a**h***. I would gladly except the position of Federal/State executioner and do the job with a low cost bullet to the head. I might even throw in a few rounds for free depending on the crime. If I sound a little to cruel for some I would just tell you that I do work with incarcerated veterans and have had success with rehabilitation of those that were released in preventing recidivism(return to prison) but these guys are not in for haneous crimes to humanity either.

Comment

Why waste perfectly good ammunition, when it can be done the same way as slaughtering cattle? Thats done without typical munitions, is it not? Something about a (sprung loaded?) bolt to the brain comes to mind.
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Why waste perfectly good ammunition, when it can be done the same way as slaughtering cattle? Thats done without typical munitions, is it not? Something about a (sprung loaded?) bolt to the brain comes to mind.
                I am with him. Why do we care if its humane how will kill these animals? They didnt show any concern for their victims. I think we should use the most cost effective means possible. Hanging, beheading, **** I dont care run them over with a truck.

Comment

Step 1: Remove all soldiers from Iraq.
                  Step 2: Put all life prisoners in Iraq with a couple guns and a few hundred rounds.
                  Step 3: Declare hunting season open.

I have no pity for prisoners waiting to be executed.
                  "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
                    Just like prepping the IV site using aseptic techniques. WHy are they gonna worry about cellulitis if they're dead? Me? I would find the rustiest, dirtiest needle I could...Preferably a 14 guage.
                    I'm new to the EMS game but wouldn't you want to blunt that needle first?It seems like it would make it go harder for the bustard.Put some rubbing alcohol through first to guarantee sterility of the line....

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
                      I'm new to the EMS game but wouldn't you want to blunt that needle first?It seems like it would make it go harder for the bustard.Put some rubbing alcohol through first to guarantee sterility of the line....
                      Now that would cause an internal burning sensation.
                      Fir Na Tine
                      Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Just tell them...

"We let you out for an hour a day for a walk, One day in the next year or two when we are bored.... BANG".

See how much they enjoy exercise after that.
                        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Thats done without typical munitions, is it not? Something about a (sprung loaded?) bolt to the brain comes to mind.
                          What's a Sprung?
                          So you call this your free country
                          Tell me why it costs so much to live
                          -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                            Just tell them...

"We let you out for an hour a day for a walk, One day in the next year or two when we are bored.... BANG".

See how much they enjoy exercise after that.
                            I always thought that when they got those two boys that set off the fire alarm in Jonesboro Ark to shoot their classmates,whenever the fire alarm went off in the jail,those two should be pushed out the door first to see what happens.If no shots are fired,then it might be safe for the rest of the inmates to evacuate.

Comment

A different story, with a twist.... (there is a photo, but .... ?)

Victim's Name Tattooed On Child Killer's Forehead
                              Man Abducted, Molested, Killed 10-Year-Old

POSTED: 9:10 am EDT September 28, 2006

The man who pleaded guilty to molesting and killing a 10-year-old southern Indiana girl now has her name tattooed on his forehead.

Anthony Stockelman, serving a life sentence at the Wabash Correctional Facility for killing Katie Collman, was found with the words "Katie's Revenge" on his forehead.

Corrections officials at the facility are investigating the matter, and have contacted state police to assist in the investigation.

Officials said Stockelman is now being held in protective custody. Officials said they aren't sure if the tattoo was done by another inmate. Katie's father John Neace heard about it from friends, and figures other prisoners are responsible.

Katie, of Crothersville, Ind., was found dead in a creek near Seymour, Ind., in 2005 after being abducted.

Stockelman is serving a life sentence for his role in the killing.

Anthony Stockelman pleaded guilty in order to avoid the death penalty in connection with child's slaying.

Another man was the first person arrested in the case, but his charges were dropped in April when the investigation pointed toward Stockelman. And as evidence seemed to mount against Stockelman, it became a potential death-penalty case, which one side argued is why the defendant made the guilty plea.

"I think he knows all the evidence was against him, and he didn't want to get the death penalty. In my opinion, he's a coward," said Neace after the man's plea.

"I'm happy. (Stockelman) won't be coming out. When he does, it will be on a gurney," Neace said.

Prosecutor Stephen Pierson argued that Stockelman molested Collman at her mother's home, then bound her and took her to Cypress Lake, where he killed her. She was found face-down in a creek five days after her disappearance.

Stockelman's DNA matched evidence found on the child's body.

"It's really unfortunate to be married to someone for eight years and have no idea who he was," his wife, Tabitha Stockelman said. "He was a sick kid-toucher."

But Troy Stockelman said his brother, a father himself, was remorseful, adding that the life sentence will only hurt Stockelman's children.

"I don't see the sense in keeping his kids from seeing their father," Troy Stockelman said. Defense attorney James Kilburn also weighed in on Vance's sentencing.

"I'm very disappointed in the decision," he said.

Stockelman allegedly offered to give Neace half the money from a possible book deal. "That was smack in the face," Neace said. "A book deal ... money ... that's not going to bring Katie back."

While in court, Stockelman apologized to the Collman family.

Previous Stories:
                              February 4, 2005: Two Charged With False Informing In Indiana Girl's Death
                              February 4, 2005: Suspect: Girl Abducted Because She Saw People With Drugs
                              February 3, 2005: Police: Man Confesses After Indiana Girl Found Dead In Stream
                              January 31, 2005: Police Vow To Find 10-Year-Old Indiana Girl's Killer
                              January 27, 2005: Police Believe Missing Indiana Girl Is In Extreme Danger

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X