Train Buffs......'little help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overkill, anyone?
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Comment

i'd hafta agree

you think the people in that neigborhood were happy? i couldnt imagine riding in that thing...a train horn? and the dual rotorays on that quantum...

Comment

If that doesn't get someone's attention, I don't know what would.
        Tom Warshaw
        Station 13 (Bethel)
        Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Overkill is only an Understatement!

Wow, all I can say is that must be obnoxious. Talk about unessassary use of the warning devices available to us...Lets think now, do we honestly need to blast 3 types of sirens, train horn, the Q and the regular air horns in what seems to be a quiet residential neighborhood with NO traffic at night? Sure it is important to respond safely but what the heck is that?

And now for something completely different:

Many years ago, Ladder 120 in Brooklyn didnt have an air horn. There was a point where the city was not providing them. The Sanitation Dept. did however have air horns on the garbage trucks. Somehow, one of them wound up on 120 shortly afterwards!!! Rescue 2 also obtained a horn, this one from Amtrak at some point and rigged it up so that a full bottle could power it.

Comment

sorry brother, I collect steam whistles.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X