SCFire86...or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCFire86...or?

(Apologies in advance to SC...but the comparison is just to darn good to pass up before I get to the punch line!)

You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.

If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government.

I think any man in business would be foolish to fool around with his secretary. If it's somebody else's secretary, fine.

The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C," and "D." Just who do they think they are?

And drum roll...

All the above quotes are from Barry M. Goldwater. Does give some perspective on the yellow brick road some of the "conservatives" of today have gone.

Why do I have an impression his strategy today would be summed up as nuke the mideast, and bitch slap everyone in Washington?

Originally posted by Dalmatian190
    And drum roll...

All the above quotes are from Barry M. Goldwater. Does give some perspective on the yellow brick road some of the "conservatives" of today have gone.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. One thing about Goldwater is he knew he had to be toughest on his own. He was the one that went to the White House and told Nixon it was time to resign.

He would have had the latest round of GOP congressmen caught taking bribes taken out to the Ellipse and had them strung up.

Then he would have gone after all those other GOP congressmen lining the pockets of their donors via appropriation earmarks and put them in line to the Ellipse.

Kinda miss that kind of integrity.
    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

You trying to tell me that there was once a politician with balls?

A politician that knew right from wrong, AND abided by it?

A politician that held people to be accountable for their actions?

Nonsense I tell you!

And look what happened to Sen. Goldwater. Kind of points right to why these scumbag, hack, twit politicians don't do the right thing doesn't it?

Do what is right, and get pushed out of the circle of power.

We get teh government we deserve.
      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C," and "D." Just who do they think they are

Last time I heard, religion was supposed to stay out of politics, since they dont go together. Soon as you start mixing the two.... well, I think most know what starts to happen
        The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985
          Last time I heard, religion was supposed to stay out of politics, since they dont go together. Soon as you start mixing the two.... well, I think most know what starts to happen
          Could you please pass that along to Jerry Falwell and Pat Roberston?

Thanks.
          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

the 1st amendment states prohibits a state religion. Basically, you cant elect so and so... and then everyone has to become a protestant or you face death. That is partially why the founding fathers left. They did not have religous freedom. But, the first amendment was written because in the new world, several groups of religious people were not getting their religious rights from the local statehood. So, to prevent a king George like reign, and to protect the right of religion, the 1st amendment was established.

Anyone politican who tries to run for office and feels that anyone other than his religion is wrong. Problem with that... being an atheist is a religion. So anyone who runs for office with the exact opposite goals of a person who runs for office promoting religion first..... both are equally bad.

Everyone is going to support who they want. But.... someone tell Jerry Falwell and Pat Roberston to shut up. They make all christians look bad. They are just as ignorant as the people they oppose. Any religious person.... who gets on TV and makes a PROFIT, or who uses his clout to sway people to believe the same way they do is Wrong. They are far from the religious teachings they think they follow. IF your a bible reader.... Jesus would openly comment on the sadducees who would openly pray just for the attention and how that was wrong. Thats the same with the major tele-evangilists. Just the same with politicans. Any politican who gets up and uses his image and lies to the people to get what he wants is wrong.... oh wait, I better stop there...
            The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Politician.

Knows what the problem is, and does nothing about it.

Religious person.

Knows what the problem is, but if you believe EXACTLY what they do it will be all right (for you only).

Economist's and Eunuch's.

Knows exactly what the problem is, but can do NOTHING about it.

Thats all folks. (Quoted from Bugs Bunny)

Why the heck is it that you all sit on either side of a fence, polarised by either one of two ideas. (democrat or liberal for the slow ones)

Instead of working out for your damn self there are more than two ways to skin a cat.
              Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 09-21-2006, 03:30 AM.
              Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
              Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

What??.............

Originally posted by scfire86
                Could you please pass that along to Jerry Falwell and Pat Roberston?

Thanks.
                GOOD GOD! Do you realize that we agree on something? Wow......
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X