9/11...the least we could do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11...the least we could do

Those of us who make up the Management team along with the moderators on www.fireservice.co.uk decided we would close the forum as a mark of respect today.

Thanks in particular go to Carl, the Manchester (UK) Fireman who runs the site.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by SteveDude; 09-11-2006, 04:36 PM.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Very nice gesture, Steve....I wish I could say the same for the media over here, as I have been seeing stories like this all day that make my blood boil:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060911/...orld_remembers

Can't the despicable mutts who call themselves journalists in this country set aside the political axe-grinding for just 24 hours so those of us who care can mourn and remember without the US bureau of Al-Jazeera telling us what awful people we are?

Comment

Thanks Steve, and thanks to all the members of the fire service in the UK for your rememberence of our fallen commrades. We truly are a brotherhood.
      Last edited by BFDLT32; 09-12-2006, 11:19 PM.
      K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
      EVERYONE GOES HOME
      IACOJ

Comment

Thanks Steve. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by BFDLT32
          Thanks Steve, and thanks to all the members of the fire service in the UK for your rememberence of our fallen commrade. We truly are a brotherhood.

I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by KnightnPBIArmor
            Very nice gesture, Steve....I wish I could say the same for the media over here, as I have been seeing stories like this all day that make my blood boil:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060911/...orld_remembers

Can't the despicable mutts who call themselves journalists in this country set aside the political axe-grinding for just 24 hours so those of us who care can mourn and remember without the US bureau of Al-Jazeera telling us what awful people we are?

No,they cannot.When President Bush garnered a 92%+ approval rating after the attacks,the press couldn't very well allow a Republican president to be rated higher than their HE-ro Bill Clinton.So everytime the President has done anything,they've worked to belittle his efforts and actions as if he were under the control of someone smarter than he.
            Though I know history will judge him differently,I know that historians look at contemporary news accounts to draw conclusions about Presidents for their evaluation.Given what the press generally says about President Bush,I worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDude
              Those of us who make up the Management team along with the moderators on www.fireservice.co.uk decided we would close the forum as a mark of respect today.

Thanks in particular go to Carl, the Manchester (UK) Fireman who runs the site.

[IMG][/IMG]
              Thanks go to all that remember that when the attacks happened how shocked we all were that such a thing could even be thought of in the hearts and minds of those claiming to be religious.
              It's been five years and I still can't look at the videos without feeling frustrated at not being able to do anything and angry over the whole day.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X