So I wanna write a book......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I wanna write a book......

So, I've been thinking about writing a book for a while. Well today I decided that I might write one on polotics in the volunteer fire service. It wouldn't be an opinionated book, but would be based soley on fact and research. Can anyone think of any other topics? Also, do you guys think anyone would even be interested in reading anything like this?
    Yes
    31.58%
    No
    36.84%
    Maybe, if it were unbiased and offered a solution to the common problems faced by departments.
    31.58%
    Last edited by KEEPBACK200FEET; 09-09-2006, 12:04 AM. Reason: So whatmy finger slipped and accidently typed "i" instead of "o"
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Originally posted by KEEPBACK200FEET
    So, I've been thinking about writing a book for a while. So today I decided that I might write one on politics in the volunteer fire service. It wouldn't be an opinionated book, but would be based soley on fact and research. Can anyone think of any other topics? Also, do you guys think anyone would even be interested in reading anything like this?
    "Politics" in the volunteer fire service is pretty broad. I think you might have to narrow the subject matter some.
    Are you talking about the presence of certain historical manifestations or are you talking about nepotism, for instance.
    The creation of the many "national" volunteer fire service organizations, that are, by their very nature, political.
    Are you thinking about the "system" itself? The whole fire department/commissioner relationship?
    What about the strength of the fire department as a political body in their communities?
    Hey; I oughta write a book.
    I am really into "politics" of all sorts. I would read it. Biased or not.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

I'd read it!!!

GO FOR IT DUDE!
      ------------------------------------
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
      ------------------------------------

Comment

I would read a book on politics in the Volunteer service. How you are going to get the facts for it, I'm not sure. It seems to me that politics are often based on personal opinion.

Are you thinking of the "old boy" network style?
        IACOJ
        If you are willing to teach;
        I am willing to learn.

Comment

i know what he's saying. the fact that you better drink with the chief or his son. half the guys make the medicals but they all make the fire. that at any point you may be kicked off. how much time to sppend at the hall. recruitment and loss of members to career departments. go for it bud i would read it.
          j
          It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X