X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Toddlers

Flying Toddlers Can Now Bring Own Harnesses

POSTED: 2:24 pm EDT September 6, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration said on Wednesday it has approved the first harness-type child safety device for use on commercial airline flights.

The Cares device, produced by Phoenix-based AmSafe Aviation, involves a belt and shoulder harness that goes around a seat back and attaches to the adult passenger lap belt for improved upper torso restraint.

It is designed for children weighing between 22 and 44 pounds but is not approved for use in other vehicles.

Previously, the FAA had allowed only airlines to provide additional child safety devices. No U.S. airlines had been providing them, according to the agency.

Approving the Cares device follows a July 14 FAA rule that allowed passengers to use FAA-approved airplane-specific harness-type devices that attach to the aircraft seat.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

tsa

yes, but has the FAA informed the TSA security folks that it is okay to bring the item on the plane and that it is not for use as a weapon? I wonder if they would approve my bringing along my own parachute?

Comment

Now, LV that is both a good point on security... and pertty dang funny on the 'chute. Wonder if anyone would get overly excited when you explained what "was in the bag"? LOL
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I never did get the idea of using my seat cushion for much of anything let alone a flotation device. I don't know if I would want that cushion in my face just thinking about who did what while having sat on it.

Comment

I was on flight a couple a years ago and they were doing the whole pre lift off spheel. she came to the part about the cushion, i was in high school at the time so i was a smart *** and stood up. maam do you know we aren't going over water." "yes" she replied. "does the pilot?" "yes sir please sit down" "ok just checking" yeah i was a smart ***.
          J
          It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
            Now, LV that is both a good point on security... and pertty dang funny on the 'chute. Wonder if anyone would get overly excited when you explained what "was in the bag"? LOL
            I think I'd only get overly excited if it was the pilot bringing a jump harness and parachute onboard.
            I'd be just a wee bit curious as to whether he planned on being onboard when the aircraft landed.

Comment

scarry

I think flying will become real scarry when the airlines attempt to fly the aircraft via remote control, like the Predator drones,so they don't have to pay pilots. Then they will put vending machines on board so they don't need flight attendants.

Comment

flying toddlers

somehow, I was picturing minny-me on a trapeze, or being shot out of a cannon.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X