Tranny Fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Fish?

That was the "Word" of the day on the radio during my drive in this morning....

Male Fish Growing Eggs In Potomac?
    Abnormally Developed Fish Turn Up In Area

POSTED: 7:20 am EDT September 6, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:25 am EDT September 6, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Government scientists say abnormally developed fish -- with both male and female characteristics -- have been discovered in the Potomac River and its tributaries.

Researchers with the U.S. Geological Survey say more than 80 percent of the male smallmouth bass they found in the tributaries in Maryland were growing immature eggs inside their sex organs. The same problem was found in largemouth bass caught in Washington, D.C.

Fish with similar problems were discovered in a West Virginia stream in 2003 and some others in 2004 in Sharpsburg, Md.

The scientists say the problems may be caused by pollution that that can confuse animals' growth and reproductive systems.

Four area water utilities draw drinking water from the Potomac -- the Washington Aqueduct, Fairfax Water, the Frederick County authority and the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Hermaphafish !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

Well,I am told there are critters that when there are too many males or females in the local population,some of them will start to change to the needed sex over time.
      Glad humans don't do that,no matter how many"chick flicks"I watch on the ol'VCR.

Comment

Allright, another evolutionary first. I wonder if Rosie and Ellen know about this.

Comment

Doug, on the serious part, you are correct. Frogs are the main "cuplrit" of that cycle. I think there are others, but frogs comes to mind first.

And YA, I agree with you on part two! WWWHHHEEEEWWWW...
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X