Painting around the House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting around the House

Maybe this is odd, but with many of you probably in the trades and skilled craftsmen (or just well honed do it yourselfers) I have a question on painting.

How do you EASILY paint the 6 panel masonite hollow core type interior doors? It seems that there is no simple way.

Originally posted by MG3610
    Maybe this is odd, but with many of you probably in the trades and skilled craftsmen (or just well honed do it yourselfers) I have a question on painting.

How do you EASILY paint the 6 panel masonite hollow core type interior doors? It seems that there is no simple way.

Hire a painter to do it... the hardest thing you have to do is write the check!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

pop the pins on the hinges, throw them outside on sawhorses, hit them with the ol' wagner power sprayer.

Comment

I guess I should get one of those power sprayers, huh? Any suggestions? I know nothing about them.

Comment

I agree with hiring a painter. Unfortunately for me my mother is forever getting me to do painting for her because i made the stupid mistake of letting her know that i am good at edging.
          Thats one of the many things that i respect my dad for: he has most people convinced that he is totally useless at any type of physical work. I know for a fact that he can do stuff like painting yet he always gets away with not doing it. Next time they want a house painted im calling him out on it.
          "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

Benjamin Moore has a "Trim Paint". It levels out brush marks and roller marks. We used it,(new house, 2300 sq. ft, many doors!) putting the doors onto sawhorses. I am a firm believer in the fact that a quality paint makes all the difference.
            9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Comment

I am not a painter so I can offer no advice aside from this.......... make sure you buy paint that will wash off skin easily.

I just painted my deck this weekend and I was like Charlie Brown with an ink pen. It was on parts of my body that I had no explanation as to how it got there. Thank God it washed off with water!!

Next time I'm gonna hire a hot painter and while he works I'm gonna sit on my deck chair sipping a bourbon........... watching.
              To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

If you don't have a power sprayer, another easy way to paint them is to again, pop them off their hinges, cut in around the panels with a brush, then roll the rest.

<---former employee of my stepfather who's been a painting contractor for over 30 years.
                Tom Warshaw
                Station 13 (Bethel)
                Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Use some paint conditioner like "Flotrol" which has leveling properties. Several light coats and a light sanding before the final coat.

PS. spend the $10.00 on a good brush

Comment

Ditto for spending money on a good brush. With brushes, you definitely get what you pay for. Likewise, if you're gonna roll the rest, also don't go cheap on a roller. Cheap rollers fuzz like crazy and then you just may have a need for sanding.

As far as that other stuff, that's really not necessary and sanding? Unless you're staining the door, I wouldn't worry about sanding. Hit the door with a primer sealer (like BIN or Killz) then 2 coats with whatever paint you are using. That's all you need. 1-2-3 and badda-bing, you're done.
                    Tom Warshaw
                    Station 13 (Bethel)
                    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X