Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a real American now....More gun stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, muscle memory takes between 2,000 and 10,000 repetitions to firmly implant in your mind.

At a few cents per round, it does add up though.

I need to hit the range in the next couple of weeks now........Been a while.......
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

That's what I like about being a fire investigator as part of my duties. I usually shoot a couple thousand rounds a year that I pay for myself, but I can use it as a tax deduction.
      Steve Gallagher
      IACOJ BOT
      ----------------------------
      "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
        I guess training your people no matter what the cost negates"The more you sweat in training,the less you bleed in combat(on the fireground,etc)".
        Like I said there is a point of dimishing returns. I can honestly say that I have been on long trips to the range where most of the unit hit a period of boredom where bad habits started to creep back in and accuracy started to drop. Additionally you are always dealing with a finite budget, since you are not the only unit that needs to be trained, if you exceed that budget you are hurting the chance for the other guys to sweat enough in training. Luckly modern simualtors are making it a lot less costly to get guys trained a lot more. If Marcinko had that available 25 years ago, maybe he would not have gotten in the trouble he did, but he liked to butt heads even when there was no need, so his path was likely set regardless.
        Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
        -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
        LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

Originally posted by DaSharkie
          Remember, muscle memory takes between 2,000 and 10,000 repetitions to firmly implant in your mind.
          That is what the snap in circle is for, 9000 dry fires than 1000 live fires. I shoot expert EVERY time, and have never shot below a 225.

Besides, the fact that Marcinko shoot the USMC budget is more a reflection on our ability to do more with less, than it is of any real amount of ammo in the Navy's budget. He fired what, half of one percent of the cost of a ship fired Tomahawk? He really should not have bought those Mercedes-Benz limos with discretionary funds than allowed the unit to use them for personal use. I am all for steping on toes if you have to to get the job done, but don't do it just to show your authority, and make sure that the rest of your hose is in order when you.
          Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
          -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
          LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

It's kind of funny to see the microstamping & the old standby of gun buybacks.

In Connecticut, and I have to think much of the rest of the country, the gang bangers finally figured out it's a bad thing to get caught with a gun with ballistics tying to a crime...

So now they use "community guns" -- only a handful of firearms have accounted for most of the shootings in the big cities of CT this year...basically anything planned.

So maybe they carry "defense" guns...but it's a lot less likely they tie to a crime.

And while it's not a case killer, I'm sure the defense attornies love the reasonable doubt of having a single weapon linked to many crimes, and no positive chain of custody.

So fine, the gun buybacks make you feel good. And the microstamps let you catch the suburban housewife who didn't know any better. Yipee.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X