Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a real American now....More gun stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a real American now....More gun stuff.

I do feel like a real American now because I now have a collection of fine firearms. I am ready to defend our country from terrorism, foreign or domestic. (and Mini-Me)

Today I picked up my Sig Sauer SP2022. Photo listed below-

Freedom isnt free, Thank a Vet.

-Bou
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-30-2006, 02:36 PM.

Too bad ya deleted the pic. Sig's are nice weapons. Very nice to work with. IF, I were to purchase a personal weapon, thats what it would be. P226, I have lots and lots of training with one, although I am very sadly out of qualification with any military firearms right now. That's the only downfall that I can see to being here in DC right now - no "free" range access anymore.

An excerpt from the website I searched...

This pistol may well be state-of-the-art in defensive sidearms, but it does have one major shortcoming: It really strains the old saying, "Handsome is as handsome does," to its limits. I was mightily impressed by this pistol's performance, but it will be quite a while before I can regard it as a thing of beauty.

Let's face it, some handguns are loaded with glamour, allure, "sex appeal" or whatever you want to call it - the Luger is one such gun that comes to mind, the Colt Python another. The SIG-Sauer P-226 is not such a pistol; it's built strictly for business. If your primary interest in a handgun is as an object of aesthetic contemplation a lovely thing with lustrous polish and blueing and a figured exotic wood stock, I suggest you forget about the P-226 right now and turn to the next article. If, on the other hand, you might be interested in a superbly accurate, rugged, reliable service auto that may just be the best thing of its kind in the world today, then read on ...
    oohhhooooohhh...

SIG acquired J.P. Sauer & Son a few years ago, and recently SIG-Sauer, now the firearms division of SIG, set up its own agency - Sigarms, 8330 Old Courthouse Road, Suite 885, Dept. GA, Tyson's Corner, VA 22180 - to handle importation and distribution of their fine line of auto pistols in the U.S.A. (Previously, Interarms was importing these pistols, and many guns presently on sale will have Interarms markings.)
    This is about 6 or 7 miles from my home in VA.....
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
      This is about 6 or 7 miles from my home in VA.....
      Well then, I guess you need to get your happy little butt down there and buy yourself one don't you?

Before Canada's national gun registry catches up with you.
      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Nah.. dont really have a purpose or a reason to own firearms of any kind at the moment.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Nah.. dont really have a purpose or a reason to own firearms of any kind at the moment.

So,who needs a"reason" to buy a gun?Shooting is fun and relaxing.It takes some coordination to hit a small target placed a distance away and the act actually benefits your mind just as doing fine work like crocheting or sewing.
          Whenever you do close work,the mind's synapses form other connections and pathways to help calculate what to order the hands and fingers to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
            So,who needs a"reason" to buy a gun?Shooting is fun and relaxing.It takes some coordination to hit a small target placed a distance away and the act actually benefits your mind just as doing fine work like crocheting or sewing.
            Whenever you do close work,the mind's synapses form other connections and pathways to help calculate what to order the hands and fingers to do next.
            Well put. And with that, I'm definitely hitting the range this Saturday. Its been a while since I've fired the 5.7 and now that I have my holster, I need to pratice drawing and firing from it. I also need to get off my lazy a** and put the paperwork in for my CCW.
            Tom Warshaw
            Station 13 (Bethel)
            Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Comment

Hey Bou:

Does you new Sig stamp the casing with the S/N?
              Serial Number Bill

I had two favorite handguns-A Dan Wesson .357 with inter-changable barrels (2", 4", 6"). The 6" was very accurate. Took only a minute to switch barrels. My other favorite was a Colt .45 Combat Commander.
              -------------------
              "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
              -----------------------------------------------
              Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Doug, I wont disagree with you on any point. I used to shoot very regularly, as a Cadet until I joined the army. After that my range time dropped to virtually zero. And ya I do miss it for the reasons stated, but I can't really justify the expense at the moment. Because like any tool like that, you will always want to try something new.... When I do get to shoot, I still remember how, and do very well for being very rusty.

Comment

Ok, here is my collection again. The new SP2022 is on the top. The bottom two are scheduled to be sold.

I also have to admit, I am a SIG guy, but Glock does make a very good pistol. Too many positives to list. I am on the fence sometimes.

-Bou

Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KenNFD1219
                    Hey Bou:

Does you new Sig stamp the casing with the S/N?
                    Serial Number Bill
                    Ken- No, I think I dodged that bullet. (pun intended) No much talk of that new law yet. Sounds interesting. Better get your guns now.

Comment

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
                      Ok, here is my collection again. The new SP2022 is on the top. The bottom two are scheduled to be sold.

I also have to admit, I am a SIG guy, but Glock does make a very good pistol. Too many positives to list. I am on the fence sometimes.

-Bou

I am a SIG guy as well. Now all you need is a P-220-ST.

P-220-ST .45 My Favorite
                      SigPro 2340 .40 cal. My Utility Gun
                      P-239 .40 cal. My Hide Away

Coming soon P-226-R Equinox .40 cal.

Comment

Doug, I wont disagree with you on any point. I used to shoot very regularly, as a Cadet until I joined the army. After that my range time dropped to virtually zero. And ya I do miss it for the reasons stated, but I can't really justify the expense at the moment. Because like any tool like that, you will always want to try something new.... When I do get to shoot, I still remember how, and do very well for being very rusty.
                        Shooting is a perishable skill which is why SEAL 6 used to fire more ammunition than the entire USMC did their first year of training.Most of us don't need that level of skill but it is nice to have.You might not ever have to shoot at terrs but bring down a buck,Rocky Mountain Sheep,elk or other critter that you spent beau-coup dollars on to get to means that you don't want to miss and waste the money spent to get there.The time spent hunting is NEVER wasted in my opinion.

Comment

Well.... the only "moving" target I ever shot at besides drop plates was with a M72, at a plywood target that chose to drop its mooring on one side and flap in the wind. Took that sucker out with "Extreme prejudice!" (actually it was a lucky shot - the wind blew the target back into the sights just as I fired the round.)

Hunting was never something that I did much of. Went out a few times with a neighbour when I turned 16, but other than lots of track signs we never found a darn thing. But I enjoyed the hiking and all else that went with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
                            Shooting is a perishable skill which is why SEAL 6 used to fire more ammunition than the entire USMC did their first year of training.Most of us don't need that level of skill but it is nice to have.You might not ever have to shoot at terrs but bring down a buck,Rocky Mountain Sheep,elk or other critter that you spent beau-coup dollars on to get to means that you don't want to miss and waste the money spent to get there.The time spent hunting is NEVER wasted in my opinion.
                            Shooting is not THAT much of a perishable skill. All that spent ammo at tax payer expense is part of why Dick Marcinko spent a little time in the stockade. He far exceeded the point of diminishing returns.
                            Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
                            -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
                            LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
                              Shooting is not THAT much of a perishable skill. All that spent ammo at tax payer expense is part of why Dick Marcinko spent a little time in the stockade. He far exceeded the point of diminishing returns.
                              I guess training your people no matter what the cost negates"The more you sweat in training,the less you bleed in combat(on the fireground,etc)".

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X