Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pluto gets downsized

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pluto gets downsized

    Poor pluto. No longer a planet. Now how will school kids learn the other eight planets?


    My very educated mother just served us nothing.

    Many veterinarians exhibit manure jammed solidly under nails.

    Maybe Vern's exhaled marijuana joint smoke urged narcs.

    "Miami Vice" exudes Mann's jaunty style utilizing noir.

    Mathers' very explicit music job sure uses nastiness.

    Monkeys value excrement messes just so uniformly now.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

  • #2
    Wonder how Mickey feels about this?

    I think this is Goofy.

    I guess it's because it was just too Minnie.

    Comment


    • #3
      Men Very Early Make Jars Stand Up Neatly........... Period
      28 P.R.I.D.E.
      Protecting Residents In District #1 Everyday
      www.westmead1.com

      Comment


      • #4
        These astronomers have way, way too much time on their hands.
        Tom Warshaw
        Station 13 (Bethel)
        Sumter Fire Department

        "Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

        September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

        In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY


        All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

        Comment


        • #5
          Was this a corporate decision because they are getting ready for a hostile takeover bid?
          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LuckyThirteen
            These astronomers have way, way too much time on their hands.

            no doubt that was a major nerd convention

            Comment


            • #7
              "Naaaaa... we will now roll 1D20 to see whether pluto is a planet or not"
              "Ah! What is Pluto's armour class?"
              "Does Pluto get a saving throw?"
              Okay so maybe i have played dungeons and dragons a few times when i was younger.
              "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

              For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

              Comment


              • #8
                I had heard that they were planning on adding a few planets. I guess their addition and subtraction got all mixed up (darn super-computers)
                Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

                Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

                ** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

                Comment


                • #9
                  TO: Pluto

                  FROM: Your Solar System Neighborhood Association

                  Cc: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

                  Bcc: Sun Dear Neighbor,

                  Your refusal to comply with association policies has forced us to rescind your status as a planetary member and revoke your privileges acquired over the past 76 years.

                  Despite your much-heralded arrival to our subdivision after discovery by Clyde Tombaugh, your attendance at association meetings has been erratic. (Once every 248 years?)

                  Your encroachment into neighbor Neptune's territory and icy demeanor when well-intentioned gas balls such as Jupiter tried to welcome you have not enhanced your reputation as a loner on the fringe.

                  We recognize that you are a well-rounded individual made famous by a cartoon dog, but there's only so much we can take. You know how hard we've worked to keep debris out of our neighborhood!

                  So we are immediately rezoning your region of the solar system. The Kuiper Belt will now be reserved for you and other dwarf planets and small solar-system bodies. See PLUTO on A6

                  To reflect this change, you will receive a new designation, to be decided later. You will be allowed a single parking space for you and your "companion," Charon.

                  The new designation affects other solar-system members who lack the orbital attendance, gravitas and sector maintenance that define your classy neighbors: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

                  That means asteroid Ceres and your newest neighbor, 2003 UB313 (the one who showed up last Halloween dressed like Xena, the TV character? Check out the pictures in the Fall newsletter!) will join you in this new membership, which we think will fit your eccentricities.

                  To help you feel at home, we will let you know when membership applications from other objects in the outer solar system move through the process.

                  However, we recognize your continued popularity with the public and the certain je ne sais quoi that your celebrity status and picture deal with Walt Disney Co. confer on the solar system.

                  So, we plan to send a robotic emissary to visit you in 2015 to see how you're doing. We hope you will use the upcoming years to explore new horizons and discover your hidden talents free from our gravitational restraints. Your 2006 dues will be retained to pay for this visit.

                  Don't forget to contact the U.S. Postal Service and all Earth school districts to notify them of your change of address. Also, NASA will now be in charge of your trash pickup and street repair.

                  We hope you enjoy the benefits of your new membership.

                  Your Solar System Neighbors, [email protected]

                  --A.J. Hostetler

                  note: A.J Hostetler is the author of this "letter". It appeared in the Richmond (Va) Times-Dispatch, where he is a staff writer, on 8/25/06.
                  Last edited by ffemtPAJ; 08-27-2006, 09:09 AM.
                  PAJ

                  IACOJ Rehab Sector

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great letter!!!!, but you forgot to add the all important line at the end......NOW GET OUT AND STAY OUT YOU ICE BALL!!!!!!>
                    Originally posted by ffemtPAJ
                    TO: Pluto

                    FROM: Your Solar System Neighborhood Association

                    Cc: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

                    Bcc: Sun Dear Neighbor,

                    Your refusal to comply with association policies has forced us to rescind your status as a planetary member and revoke your privileges acquired over the past 76 years.

                    Despite your much-heralded arrival to our subdivision after discovery by Clyde Tombaugh, your attendance at association meetings has been erratic. (Once every 248 years?)

                    Your encroachment into neighbor Neptune's territory and icy demeanor when well-intentioned gas balls such as Jupiter tried to welcome you have not enhanced your reputation as a loner on the fringe.

                    We recognize that you are a well-rounded individual made famous by a cartoon dog, but there's only so much we can take. You know how hard we've worked to keep debris out of our neighborhood!

                    So we are immediately rezoning your region of the solar system. The Kuiper Belt will now be reserved for you and other dwarf planets and small solar-system bodies. See PLUTO on A6

                    To reflect this change, you will receive a new designation, to be decided later. You will be allowed a single parking space for you and your "companion," Charon.

                    The new designation affects other solar-system members who lack the orbital attendance, gravitas and sector maintenance that define your classy neighbors: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

                    That means asteroid Ceres and your newest neighbor, 2003 UB313 (the one who showed up last Halloween dressed like Xena, the TV character? Check out the pictures in the Fall newsletter!) will join you in this new membership, which we think will fit your eccentricities.

                    To help you feel at home, we will let you know when membership applications from other objects in the outer solar system move through the process.

                    However, we recognize your continued popularity with the public and the certain je ne sais quoi that your celebrity status and picture deal with Walt Disney Co. confer on the solar system.

                    So, we plan to send a robotic emissary to visit you in 2015 to see how you're doing. We hope you will use the upcoming years to explore new horizons and discover your hidden talents free from our gravitational restraints. Your 2006 dues will be retained to pay for this visit.

                    Don't forget to contact the U.S. Postal Service and all Earth school districts to notify them of your change of address. Also, NASA will now be in charge of your trash pickup and street repair.

                    We hope you enjoy the benefits of your new membership.

                    Your Solar System Neighbors, [email protected]

                    --A.J. Hostetler
                    Poor little ice ball, nothing left to do but look at URANUS for the rest of eternity!!!!!
                    Never trust a smiling dog.
                    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
                    PTB, EGH, FTM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by THEFIRENUT
                      I had heard that they were planning on adding a few planets. I guess their addition and subtraction got all mixed up (darn super-computers)
                      That's what I was thinking too, when I heard this on the radio the other day.

                      If anyone watches Big Brother .... I'd have to say that Pluto just got "backdoored" big time!
                      September 11th - Never Forget

                      I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

                      Sheri
                      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                      Honorary Flatlander

                      RAY WAS HERE FIRST

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                        If anyone watches Big Brother .... I'd have to say that Pluto just got "backdoored" big time!
                        haha yeah guess the poor planet (sorry, poor....uhhhhhh what do we call it now? ) did.
                        First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well............

                          Originally posted by EastKyFF
                          Poor pluto. No longer a planet. Now how will school kids learn the other eight planets?


                          My very educated mother just served us nothing.

                          Many veterinarians exhibit manure jammed solidly under nails.

                          Maybe Vern's exhaled marijuana joint smoke urged narcs.

                          "Miami Vice" exudes Mann's jaunty style utilizing noir.

                          Mathers' very explicit music job sure uses nastiness.

                          Monkeys value excrement messes just so uniformly now.

                          Here's a novel idea:
                          Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.
                          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                          In memory of
                          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

                          IACOJ Budget Analyst

                          I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

                          www.gdvfd18.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PattyV
                            "Naaaaa... we will now roll 1D20 to see whether pluto is a planet or not"
                            "Ah! What is Pluto's armour class?"
                            "Does Pluto get a saving throw?"
                            Okay so maybe i have played dungeons and dragons a few times when i was younger.
                            When you were younger? So you still do?
                            Warm Regards,
                            Shawn Stoner
                            EMT-B

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okay so maybe it was a few years ago. We didnt push little hoops with sticks like some people here.
                              "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

                              For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X