X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Nothing wrong with this!

When can we expect the World Witch Burning Series? If we step back in time, there is money to be made

Not a good time for cauldron and broom manufacturers--pet store owners busy spraying black cats any colour other than black- Newts and Toads are not in demand --price of Ducking Stools soar.

Remember to cast the first stone--see your local Quarry for best choice of stones--small--medium-largish and for the real serious "Stoner" The Mighty Mega-Rock guaranteed to kill.

Who said religion is dull? Go for it, Prayer Pilots!

Stocks and shares tip--go heavy on Ducking Stools and Rocks

Leave a comment:

• res54cuecaptain
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    In a world where the churches are struggling and beg to get people involved, they do something stupid like this and manage to drive people away.
    yup..

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Sexual discrimination is alive and well in the First Baptist Church.

Looking at the Rev's pic, it would seem that Mary Lambert was teaching Sunday School while the Rev was two separate components in two different bodies.

In a world where the churches are struggling and beg to get people involved, they do something stupid like this and manage to drive people away.

Leave a comment:

• firetruckred
    replied
    Just another day in small town paradise.

Thanks for the read 27. Helps me get a grip on understanding the ways here in my own smallville.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    started a topic More Sexist Hogwash

More Sexist Hogwash

Man... I am pretty sure I was born and raised in the TWENTIETH century, not the FOURTEENTH. My "modern" attitudes prevent me from commenting further.

Sunday School Teacher Let Go For Being Female
    Woman Taught Sunday School For 54 Years

POSTED: 8:45 am EDT August 21, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

WATERTOWN, N.Y. -- The pastor of a church that has stopped letting women teach Sunday school said that won't affect his decisions as a city councilman in upstate New York.

Web Site: First Baptist Church In Watertown
    Web Site: Watertown City Council

Rev. Timothy LaBouf dismissed a female Sunday School teacher this month, saying a woman can perform any job -- outside the church.

The First Baptist Church in Watertown dismissed Mary Lambert Aug. 9 after adopting what it called a literal interpretation of the Bible.

The reverend recently dismissed Lambert, who had taught Sunday school for 54 years, citing the biblical advice of the apostle Paul: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."

Lambert has publicly criticized the decision.

The church board said other issues were behind Lambert's dismissal, but it did not say what they were.

LaBouf, who also serves on the Watertown City Council, issued a statement saying his stance against women teaching men in Sunday school would not affect his decisions as a city leader in Watertown, where all five members of the council are men but the city manager who runs the city's day-to-day operations is a woman.

"I believe that a woman can perform any job and fulfill any responsibility that she desires to" outside the church, LaBouf wrote Saturday.

Mayor Jeffrey Graham, however, was bothered by the reasons given Lambert's dismissal.

"If what's said in that letter reflects the councilman's views, those are disturbing remarks in this day and age," Graham said. "Maybe they wouldn't have been disturbing 500 years ago, but they are now."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.

There is a survey at:

www.nbc4.com/family/9708083/detail.html

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...