No announcement yet.

More Sexist Hogwash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Missed the boat" was in reference to the Church and to the Pastor who filed the dimsissal orders.

Playing Devil's Advocate in a church matter..... is that an oxymoron?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by jasper45
      Not in the least Cap, but I grew up in the WELS, another church group routinely accused of being "discriminatory". If you don't agree with the teachings, there are other church's you can belong to, or not. I don't think it's sexist at all. It's no different than an ultra liberal church approving/condoning gay or lesbian marriage, something I will never accept, hence the reason I will never belong to a church that recognizes that.
      I could argue against the point this church is making, but won't. I will simply say that I won't be joining that denomination, either.
      What is WELS?
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

What is WELS?

Cap, it's the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. I should also clarify that the WELS does allow women to teach, both Sunday school and parochial, they don't allow them to be pastors, though. My mom has taught in the synod for over 25 years now. The link below is the web-site of the synod.

http://www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
          "Missed the boat" was in reference to the Church and to the Pastor who filed the dimsissal orders.

Playing Devil's Advocate in a church matter..... is that an oxymoron?
          Good one 27. : )

Comment

Originally posted by superchef
            Apparently he has not bothered to read the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII. I hope she gets her job back and the church fires him.

Title VII does not supercede the First Amendment.

The church has the right whether anyone agrees with or not. Now if the congregation decides that he is wrong, they may fire him.

It is their situation.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X