X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSmokey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bones42
    Anybody else really sick and tired of people pleading down to a lesser charge?
    Yes, it's all who you know and who you......well you all know the rest of the saying

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSmokey
    ... or pleads to a deal, ...
    Anybody else really sick and tired of people pleading down to a lesser charge?

Leave a comment:

• NmFyrFytr505
    replied
    yeah i was thinking the same thing. you only get away with it on tv if your brother is the cop.

Leave a comment:

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    Originally posted by SSTONER
    I dont get where the "allegedly" part comes in? Sounds like there is no question he did it.
    I didn't read anything about a conviction.....did you?

Presumption of innocence...part of our judicial system.
    Last edited by NJFFSA16; 08-21-2006, 02:00 AM. Reason: 2nd thoughts

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSmokey
    The witness is always questionable. However, the FACTS don't lie. The medical evidence will be important. If a person is CONVICTED of assaulting a police officer or pleads to a deal, they should do hard time. No one should assault a police officer. I hope that the NYPD officer has a speedy recovery.

Notice I didn't attack the brother. Merely stated my opinion about the situation. The courts will settle this. The alleged assailant's family, firehouse, and the FDNY will have to deal to this for many months to come. One news outlet already dubbed this "The Battle of the Badges."
    I dont think anyone has attacked him; its sad the media there has given this story a title that creates more bad blood.

Leave a comment:

• NYSmokey
    replied
    Originally posted by jensam433
    Mr. Murray doesn’t deserve the respected title “Brother”
    We don't know all of the facts yet. If he is convicted in court, you are 100% correct.

Leave a comment:

• jensam433
    replied
    take the new boyfriend (cop or not) out of the story and you have.....

Stalking !!!!

And if the ex-girlfriend is your daughter, niece or sister Mr. Murray doesn’t deserve the respected title “Brother”

Leave a comment:

• FFFRED
    replied
    Everyone knows the NY press bends the truth and sometimes just prints outright lies.

There are at least three sides to this story...inlcuding one which states the officer attacked the fireman first.

I'm not defending this guy or castigating him...I'm just willing to wait a little longer for the real facts to be discovered in a court of law.

FTM-PTB

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    If the "alleged" moron is guilty, fire him, send him to jail, and give someone deserving of the position a chance.

"Should" this all be true, it sounds like this guy is a real peach, and needs to grow up and act like a man.

Leave a comment:

• NYSmokey
    replied
    The witness is always questionable. However, the FACTS don't lie. The medical evidence will be important. If a person is CONVICTED of assaulting a police officer or pleads to a deal, they should do hard time. No one should assault a police officer. I hope that the NYPD officer has a speedy recovery.

Notice I didn't attack the brother. Merely stated my opinion about the situation. The courts will settle this. The alleged assailant's family, firehouse, and the FDNY will have to deal to this for many months to come. One news outlet already dubbed this "The Battle of the Badges."

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    I hear what your saying. But sometimes when it quacks and walks like a duck..................

Leave a comment:

• nyckftbl
    replied
    I am not the judge, but if you read the news story there was a witness - he didnt receive head trauma by falling out of a parked car.

Doesnt seem to be any question as to what happened - now its up to the judicial system to take its course.

Maybe you care to eloborate why you would get any other impression(providing its accurate)from the story?

Then again maybe you dont.

I cant elaborate, because I WASNT THERE, AND NEITHER WERE YOU!

And no, I'm not defending this meathead, but whatever happened with innocent until proven guilty?

Leave a comment:

• BFDNJFF
    replied
    I am not the judge, but if you read the news story there was a witness - he didnt receive head trauma by falling out of a parked car.

Doesnt seem to be any question as to what happened - now its up to the judicial system to take its course.

Maybe you care to eloborate why you would get any other impression(providing its accurate)from the story?

I think what nyckftbl is stating is that we should not pass judgement on a fellow brother untill the court of law has. If anything you have learned in the fire service is that you don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    Originally posted by nyckftbl
    Thanks Judge....

Leave a comment:

• nyckftbl
    replied
    I dont get where the "allegedly" part comes in? Sounds like there is no question he did it.

Thanks Judge....

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X