Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
    Love F#@&ing SUCKS....
    Ya'aint kidding.

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Agony Aunts Inc.

Originally posted by quint1officer
    oh well, you don't want to hear any real world advise that doesn't sound like a hallmark card. Unless you're able to support all 3 of you financially, emotionally etc, you're in no position to be starting a relationship with this girl.
    A 2 month old? Have you any idea what is involved in raising a child this age? My wife and I lived on the verge of exhaustion for months of 3 hour feedings and diaper changes. Its real easy to say you're up to it, but it all boils down to the fact that this isn't you child (right?), and when you decide that you want to be a kid, your girlfriend and her baby are on their own again. The best thing you can do right now for everyone involved is walk away.
    "663"
    My little romantic friend-read the foregoing-have it tattooed on your forehead(back to front so you can read it in the mirror). If you go ahead with your "Knight in Shining Armour" scenario-and personally I think you have seen Officer and a Gentleman to many times--please write back when the kid is just starting school and has a couple of brothers or sisters-you will be about 23yrs old and will make Bill Gates look like a pauper, you will no doubt have a big house courtesy of the Tooth Fairy and will live happily ever-after.

Leave a comment:

• quint1officer
    replied
    oh well, you don't want to hear any real world advise that doesn't sound like a hallmark card. Unless you're able to support all 3 of you financially, emotionally etc, you're in no position to be starting a relationship with this girl.
    A 2 month old? Have you any idea what is involved in raising a child this age? My wife and I lived on the verge of exhaustion for months of 3 hour feedings and diaper changes. Its real easy to say you're up to it, but it all boils down to the fact that this isn't you child (right?), and when you decide that you want to be a kid, your girlfriend and her baby are on their own again. The best thing you can do right now for everyone involved is walk away.

Leave a comment:

• GodSendRain
    replied
    Heh. Asking me for advice on love is like asking a blind man for advice on how to play dodgeball. But if you figure out this which has both tormented and thrilled man since the beginning of time, I'll buy the book.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by quint1officer
    Back away, walk away, run away!!! Run Forest, RUN!!

Under 20 and you want an instant family? *cuff to the head*
    I agree here.The times I tried being "Instant Dad Just add beer!" ended up in some yougly train wrecks,one involving getting slung over a friend's Sheriff's Dept cruiser.
    Be a friend to her,learn how to win her family over before going to the level of a serious involvement.
    Both of you will do some serious maturity changes in the next couple years before you have the morals and ideals that carry you for life.Both of you could decide AFTER you've committed to the other that this isn't really the one for life.
    I'm not saying that it will happen but it could.She's going through hard times now,from what you've said and might need a friend more than a boyfriend.Just be careful,okay?

Leave a comment:

• PattyV
    replied
    You cant just tell him to high tail and run.
    Mate what you need to do is take it slow and maybe dont date as such for awhile. Hang out a bit deffinately. Help her out with the baby most certainly. Just hold the dating for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• LeuitEFDems
    replied
    Love F#@&ing SUCKS....

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Love Hurts... Nazareth

Love hurts, love scars,
    Love wounds, and marks,
    Any heart, not tough,
    Or strong, enough
    To take a lot of pain,
    Take a lot of pain
    Love is like a cloud
    Holds a lot of rain
    Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Im young, I know,
    But even so
    I know a thing, or two
    I learned, from you
    I really learned a lot,
    Really learned a lot
    Love is like a flame
    It burns you when its hot

Some fools think of happiness
    Blissfulness, togetherness
    Some fools fool themselves I guess
    Theyre not foolin me

I know it isnt true,
    I know it isnt true
    Love is just a lie,
    Made to make you blue
    Love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
    Ooh,ooh love hurts

I know it isnt true,
    I know it isnt true
    Love is just a lie,
    Made to make you blue
    Ooh ooh love hurts
    Ooh ooh...

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    Originally posted by BFDNJFF
    I second that!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Cool.......

Great to read that all is gonna be good for the two of you. Always remember that it takes a big man to accept the resposibility of another man..... I commend you for being willin' to accept her child.
    Being in a simular scenario..... I have a son with my ex-wife; I have learned that the hardest challenge won't be between your possible girlfriend and yourself but having to put up with and support your girlfriend when the ex is being difficult...... They typically don' t care how they treat the other person and forget to be civil for the baby........
    We made it, and I am sure that with both of you working to make it work you will be fine.
    A lil' word of encouragement though, don' t talk negative about the ex around the kid...... remember, when they get older they become lil' parrots. Plus the positivity that you show your girlfriend and her kid will grow and before you know it will effect other areas of your life, like your job........

Leave a comment:

• KnightnPBIArmor
    replied
    Kid, you're probably not going to want to hear this, but don't discount the possibility that you're being played for a chump to make the ex jealous for the purpose of either winning him back or if nothing else just to bust his chops...hate to admit it, but I've been there and done that, to use a tired cliche.

Leave a comment:

• BFDNJFF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• firetruckred
    replied
    Originally posted by backdraft663
    I understand what you are all saying. But Im not leaving her. We are working through this ordeal. I had a talk with her father about this and we both had an agreement. His only concern really was the fact she is having problems with the Babies father and he dont see a problem with me dating her AFTER the problems with the ex are all behind her. I understand his problem and respect that. I told him I would like to earn his respect and all. So its really not me thats causeing the problem its her Ex. So right now we are going to stay the way it is but not get serious. I will help her and the baby out when needed. So once everything with the ex is done everything will be back to normal.
    I hate to tell you this but it is the truth. Unless the ex dies or walks away, and even then, he will always be apart of things. He is the biological father. He may not ever play a role of a father but he will always have ties. That is something else you take on. It is a noble thing you are doing and I for one commend you. Good for her and the little bundle. Another word of advice. Help even when it isn't "needed".

Don't listen to the negativity.Your a stand up guy, she is fortunate.

This forum is not the place to get softhearted advice.
    Last edited by firetruckred; 08-16-2006, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    Originally posted by backdraft663
    I understand what you are all saying. But Im not leaving her... I will help her and the baby out when needed. So once everything with the ex is done everything will be back to normal.
    one thing is very clear in this comment of yours:

1) your staying with her, regardless of the fact that everyone here says it's a bad idea. I still think it's a bad idea, and I don't think you should (becaue of the kid), nothing to do with the girl herself or her parents. your 18, and having a kid to deal with (especially one that isn't yours) can ruin your childhood

but it's your choice, and while I disagree with your plan of action (because of the kid, not the girl), I will wish you good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• backdraft663
    replied
    I understand what you are all saying. But Im not leaving her. We are working through this ordeal. I had a talk with her father about this and we both had an agreement. His only concern really was the fact she is having problems with the Babies father and he dont see a problem with me dating her AFTER the problems with the ex are all behind her. I understand his problem and respect that. I told him I would like to earn his respect and all. So its really not me thats causeing the problem its her Ex. So right now we are going to stay the way it is but not get serious. I will help her and the baby out when needed. So once everything with the ex is done everything will be back to normal.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X