X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lieberman quote...

From today's Hartford Courant.

He's not exactly mincing words anymore.

I'm worried that too many people, both in politics and out, don't appreciate the seriousness of the threat to American security and the evil of the enemy that faces us - more evil or as evil as Nazism and probably more dangerous than the Soviet Communists we fought during the long Cold War," Lieberman said.

Then he added, "I'm not saying we shouldn't have healthy disagreement and discussion about national security, but to make it into a partisan political football is just unacceptable and, in my opinion, un-American."

If he convincingly defeats Lamont this fall, he may just slingshot himself into the White House.

Ol' Joe has seemed to be a pretty level-headed guy in general. Not sure what the folks on this board from Connecticut honestly think of him.

I have to agree with his statement though. I think WAY too many citizens in our own country and in the western world totally underestimate the enemy - Islamists that are radical and bent on nothing but Mullah-run theocracies.

If we do not fight them now, we will fight them later. Thankfully, I have plenty of ammuntion. But do the politicians have the political will to do what is right, or are they completely run by their hatred for each other - this leading to neglecting true national and international security?

I think we all know the answer to that one.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Ol' Joe has seemed to be a pretty level-headed guy in general. Not sure what the folks on this board from Connecticut honestly think of him.
      Ol' Joe doesn't give a damn about anything in foreign policy, save sucking our tax dollars annually by the billions to support Israel. He needs to get a clue and step aside, and support Ned Lamont instead of acting like a fool.
      I think WAY too many citizens in our own country and in the western world totally underestimate the enemy - Islamists that are radical and bent on nothing but Mullah-run theocracies.
      So? It's their nations...let THEM run them as they see fit. If most of them weren't dripping with crude oil, we wouldn't give two damns, anyhow.
      If we do not fight them now, we will fight them later.
      Hardly. The vast majority of them just want to be left alone to live their lives the way they see fit. Our (the western powers) constant meddling and attempts at nationbuilding over the last 100 years is what has led to the rise of this sort of thing in the first place.
      By the way, Sharkie ol' pal...what nation should be invaded next? I mean, it's working SO well in Iraq, isn't it? How many more thousands of bodies are you ready to sacrifice for your gung-ho attitude? How many more years of death and destruction before you realize that this sort of thing cannot be resolved with the use of military power? Just how far will YOU go for the Empire?
      Member IACOJ

Comment

Nozzleman, if the RADICALs wanted to live in peace, why have they attacked the western world numerous times?

Attacking Iraq was wrong, they havent done a damn thing to us since the last persian gulf war (if anybody has info that they had, id like to see it, im not totally up to date on the hostilities between the wars).

Im fine living in peace with the muslim world, its the radicals such as Bin ladden and others that threaten that peace.
        Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
        (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Comment

Nozzleman, if the RADICALs wanted to live in peace, why have they attacked the western world numerous times?
          Most on these forums know my views on religious nuts, whether they are Muslim, Christian, or any other group. To see the truth as to why these people dispise us, you have to go no further than an objective view of the history of the western world's involvement in those regions over the last decades.
          Attacking Iraq was wrong, they havent done a damn thing to us since the last persian gulf war (if anybody has info that they had, id like to see it, im not totally up to date on the hostilities between the wars).
          See above.
          Im fine living in peace with the muslim world, its the radicals such as Bin ladden and others that threaten that peace.
          I don't think anyone could honestly say that we have even attempted to foster an atmosphere that would support real peace. All our government has ever concerned themselves with is the control of resources in the Middle East. We prop up kingdoms and thugs, caring nothing for the way they rule until they quit playing ball our way. Our unwavering support for Israel, (a nation created by force where it could never have done so on its own) one of the biggest bullies of the Middle East and much touted as a "democracy" goes a long way in explaining why these violent religious groups have so much power in the Middle East.
          Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
            Our unwavering support for Israel, (a nation created by force where it could never have done so on its own) one of the biggest bullies of the Middle East and much touted as a "democracy" goes a long way in explaining why these violent religious groups have so much power in the Middle East.
            I'm sorry, I must have missed that news broadcast. how is Israel one of the biggest bullies in the middle east? If I remember correctly, Israel is usually the one being attacked or having war declared on it, not the other way around.
            If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

I'm not an expert in politics nor do I spend all day looking into all the details of what each of them does. However, I'll tell you what I do know. The moron that won the primary (Ned) is an ***. His entire campaign was nothing but fanning the flames of people's bandwagon dislike for bush and iraq. All he ever said was "If you hate bush, or don't like Iraq, vote for me instead". That is total bull and his blabber was enough to convince me that I don't want him in politics.
              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I'm sorry, I must have missed that news broadcast. how is Israel one of the biggest bullies in the middle east? If I remember correctly, Israel is usually the one being attacked or having war declared on it, not the other way around.
                Like I said, do a little research...and I don't mean watching Fox News.
                I'm not an expert in politics nor do I spend all day looking into all the details of what each of them does. However, I'll tell you what I do know. The moron that won the primary (Ned) is an ***. His entire campaign was nothing but fanning the flames of people's bandwagon dislike for bush and iraq. All he ever said was "If you hate bush, or don't like Iraq, vote for me instead". That is total bull and his blabber was enough to convince me that I don't want him in politics.
                Downplaying the importance of America's disdain for Bush's policies and his stupid war would not be a mistake I would make if I were currently an incumbent politician facing reelection this fall. Lieberman should have listened to his people, instead of his special interests friends. Now, instead of being a man and supporting the party, he goes crying into the night, vowing revenge. What a wimp.
                Disagreeing with the stupid war in Iraq and the people who started it (and their ***-kissing buddies like Lieberman) is NOT bull...it's the very foremost thing on most voters minds this year.
                Member IACOJ

Comment

Like I said, do a little research...and I don't mean watching Fox News.
                  and I'll repeat, all my research says that Israel is usually the one being attacked or having war declared on it, not the other way around. now, maybe your degree in history was more focused on the middle east than mine was, but I can't find any facts that support your claim that Israel is the big bully of the middle east. care to share where you are getting your facts from?
                  If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

Ol' Joe doesn't give a damn about anything in foreign policy, save sucking our tax dollars annually by the billions to support Israel. He needs to get a clue and step aside, and support Ned Lamont instead of acting like a fool.
                    No politician gives a damn. They are all in it for themselves. But if you want to talk about people sending billions to Israel, the past two Democratic Senators that ran for President did nothing to change that action either. And we give billions to Egypt and other countries as well.

I said that he appears to be level headed. And I agree with his statement.

And if he disagrees with his opponent, why should he support him? "For the good of the party?" I wouldn't vote for either one of these guys if I lived in Connecticut. Probably wouldn't vote for a Republican from Ct. either.

So? It's their nations...let THEM run them as they see fit. If most of them weren't dripping with crude oil, we wouldn't give two damns, anyhow.
                    It is their nation, but if you actually think that you can negotiate with people Hell-bent on the destruction of anyone who disagrees with them.........

These people are highly unlikely to have their opinions changed. And even if we were able to disengage ourselves from relying on the Middle East for oil, do you honestly think that these people will stop bombing and killing people who disagree with them?

Hardly. The vast majority of them just want to be left alone to live their lives the way they see fit.
                    First, note that I stated that the radicals wanted nothing good for us.

I agree about the rest of the working folks who are Muslims, but these people who want to live their lives do nothing to combat the very people who think nothing of blowing up women and children (of their own religion and others) while shopping. They do nothing to stop funding these group's movements, plans, and attacks.

Yet they turn around and decry it when a Marine or Soldier kills an person trying to run a roadblock.

It is time for them to step up to the plate as well.

Remember that if you look at the world, every place you see Islam growing you see the radical elements causing issues. Indonesia, China, India, Sudan, and many other places. There is no way of dealing with these radicals.

Our (the western powers) constant meddling and attempts at nationbuilding over the last 100 years is what has led to the rise of this sort of thing in the first place.
                    Not necessarily going to disagree with you there. But only to a point. So even if we stopped tomorrow, what do you think will happen? Is Syria, Iran, Yemen, and other nations all of a sudden want to cuddle up and be nice?

By the way, Sharkie ol' pal...what nation should be invaded next?
                    Iran.

I mean, it's working SO well in Iraq, isn't it? How many more thousands of bodies are you ready to sacrifice for your gung-ho attitude?
                    Things are not optimal in Iraq, but thus is how life goes. Things were not exactly great in Europe or Japan after they surrendered either.

I do not have a "gung-ho attitude." I despise war. But it becomes a necessity in some situations. Despite what the "Peace, love, dope" crowd might think, you cannot negotiate with everyone. But perhaps we could get Jimmy Carter to go to Baghdad and Tehran to speak with the Mullahs. I mean it worked so well with North Korea. And he gave us peace in the middle east (which will NEVER happen) in the 70s too.

And as many people die as necessary to secure the United States of America as needed. Such is the price of war. And freedom. Like it or not.

How many more years of death and destruction before you realize that this sort of thing cannot be resolved with the use of military power?
                    As many as it takes. Negotiations are not going to work either, personally. How do you negotiate with someone who wants nothing more than your personal death?

Just how far will YOU go for the Empire?
                    I will go as far as it takes. I am in the pipeline (albeit the beginning of the pipeline) to return to military service that has a high probability of requiring me to go play in the sandbox.

Perhaps a first person account of things will embolden me further, or perhaps it will change my outlook. But I will find out for myself given the opportunity.

Should that require my life, then so be it. Like I said, a requirement of freedom.
                    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by DrParasite
                      and I'll repeat, all my research says that Israel is usually the one being attacked or having war declared on it, not the other way around. now, maybe your degree in history was more focused on the middle east than mine was, but I can't find any facts that support your claim that Israel is the big bully of the middle east. care to share where you are getting your facts from?
                      I suppose CNN is much more reliable as a source of news than Fox. One cannot trust such "mainstream media" sources, regardless of what one thinks of their political leanings.

I suppose we ought to read the pamphlets published by Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Hamas, Syria, and Iran. Yeah, those would be GREAT sources of Israel's history Parasite. Perhaps you should go to Amazon to see what you can find.

Right, because the numerous invasions and conspiracies of multiple countries to destroy Israel are its own fault.

Kidnapping of its own soldiers (an overt act of war) was Israel's fault.

Bullying indeed. Oh yeah, keeping land taken in war started by other nations against it is bullying. I suppose that all the other nations in the world ought to do the same.

Comment

And as many people die as necessary to secure the United States of America as needed. Such is the price of war. And freedom. Like it or not.
                        Freedom? Hardly. Nobody in the Middle East is a threat to our freedom. Our continual support of Israel, a rogue nation in violation of dozens of UN resolutions who invades and occupies land that does not belong to it, stealing water and other resources as it sees fit, and oppressing the people who live there with their brutal military is EXACTLY why these people hate us. They've had enough, and they are fighting back any way they can. And to compare the amount of foreign aid we've sent to Egypt to the amount of money and military support we give to Israel, a nation the size of New Jersey, is ridiculous.
                        It is their nation, but if you actually think that you can negotiate with people Hell-bent on the destruction of anyone who disagrees with them.........
                        They are hell-bent on ridding themselves of Israeli thuggary and the western influence that has made their lives miserable for the last several decades...and I can't say I blame them.
                        The rest of your post is more of the same...and it comes from pure ignorance of what is really going on in Palestine and the rest of the Middle East. You think these people just woke up one morning and decided to "hate" us out of the blue? Come on.
                        Iran.
                        Yeah...right. There's a really good idea. In light of the complete mess we've made in Iraq, how in the world can you suggest something so damned stupid?
                        Member IACOJ

Comment

Freedom? Hardly. Nobody in the Middle East is a threat to our freedom.
                          So I guess that those nations that support terrorist activities are not a threat to our freedoms and very way of life. I suppose they just want to get our attention so we can be friends?

Our continual support of Israel, a rogue nation in violation of dozens of UN resolutions who invades and occupies land that does not belong to it, stealing water and other resources as it sees fit, and oppressing the people who live there with their brutal military is EXACTLY why these people hate us.
                          We support Israel as one of the few democracies in the Middle East. Considering every other nation (all of them Islamic) wants them gone, including our "allies" the Saudis, someone needs to help them.

And recall the West Bank and Gaza Strip, as well as the Sinai Peninsula were all from war activities. Let alone the current incursion into Lebanon based upon acts of overt war against them. Yet the land will be given back.

They hate us because they hate us. They hate us because we do not bend and fawn over Allah. We do not convert to Islam as they see fit. These people will not stop short of the entire domination of the human race being Muslim - at the cost of one's life.

And how many nations violate UN resolutions? This is why the UN is pathetic and why it has become an organization whose time has past. If you cannot enforce your resolutions, then what good are you?

They've had enough, and they are fighting back any way they can. And to compare the amount of foreign aid we've sent to Egypt to the amount of money and military support we give to Israel, a nation the size of New Jersey, is ridiculous.?
                          Aid is aid. You made it seem that money only goes to Israel. Just making sure that both points were made.

[QUOTE=ThNozzleman]They are hell-bent on ridding themselves of Israeli thuggary and the western influence that has made their lives miserable for the last several decades...and I can't say I blame them.

Oh yes, and the Muslims have been oh so considerate of others. KIdnappings, car bombings, beheadings, overt acts of war since the beginning of the nation of Israel in 1948. Ah yes, so wonderful.

Both sides are wrong and need to grow up. I side more with Israel and you side more with the homicidal people bent on killing everyone in sight. Eh, see there is freedom.

[QUOTE=ThNozzleman] The rest of your post is more of the same...and it comes from pure ignorance of what is really going on in Palestine and the rest of the Middle East. You think these people just woke up one morning and decided to "hate" us out of the blue? Come on.[QUOTE=ThNozzleman]

So you disregard what I say because you disagree with it. Typical of your postings when someone answers your questions in kind. Who said I was ignorant (aside from you?) I see things differently. Imagine that concept, two differing points of view from the same information. That has never happened before.

Never said it was not based on actions over time. But when we have tried to take corrective action - remember all of the money we gave to the self proclaimed murderer Yassir Arafat adn the Terrorist group that is the PLO? Fat lot of good that did huh? Now we just supported both sides in a war. Oh what a wonderful mess that was wasn't it?

[QUOTE=ThNozzleman] Yeah...right. There's a really good idea. In light of the complete mess we've made in Iraq, how in the world can you suggest something so damned stupid? [QUOTE=ThNozzleman]

I suggested it because you asked. I did not say it should happen tomorrow, but since we are already fighting Iranians in Iraq (not necessarily the military of Iran) we might as well go all out.

Iran and Syria are two of the biggest state sponsors of terrorism and have been for the past two decades. If you do not go after them, what do you expect to happen.

I guess we'll just negotiate with them, have a cup of tea, sing Cumbya and toast to world peace. I am a realist, and realistically it will not happen. Even if we did detach ourselves from the oil and stop supporting Israel. Do you honestly think that the peaceful people of Islam will just stop?

I still await the next action in this country that makes 9/11 look like a skirmish. It will only be a matter of time before the blood of people from a variety of countries is scattered across this country.....All in the name of "peace" and "Allah" because of the Zionists. Because people can't just act like a mature and responsible group and let things go.

Don't worry though, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and the almighty United Nations will save us all from the anihilation that will come at the hands of radical Islam.
                          Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-13-2006, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Lieberman Wins in November as an Independant!

Lieberman should have listened to his people, instead of his special interests friends. Now, instead of being a man and supporting the party, he goes crying into the night, vowing revenge. What a wimp.
                            Disagreeing with the stupid war in Iraq and the people who started it (and their ***-kissing buddies like Lieberman) is NOT bull...it's the very foremost thing on most voters minds this year.

It sure will be funny when Lieberman wins as an Independant in November. Then you will really hear the "crying in the night" from the far left. And yes, he will win.

Comment

Originally posted by tbonetrexler
                              Going by that logic,why did we focus on the war in Europe before putting paid on Japan's account in WW II?
                              Germany didn't attack us on Dec 7.Japan did.
                              Going into Iraq to slow down terrorist attacks is like capping off the biggest oil well that's spilling into Prudhoe Bay first.It makes cleaning up the smaller spills easier.
                              Besides,Iraq was already under numerous UN edicts from 1992 and throughout the 90s to stand by for WMD inspection or else the bombs start dropping again.
                              President Bush was the only President in the past 15 or so years that had the 'nads to show Hussein the "or else".Hillary sure didn't.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X