Open The Pod Bay Doors, Hal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    On a more recent note, I got caught by the gates at the Metro this morning. Dang card reader "didn"t and I walked right into the gates. And got bumped into by the lady behind me {ok, so maybe it wasn't a total loss - she was pretty nice looking }
    '

When my destroyer was in the yards in Norfolk,Metro Machine gave us all barcoded cards for the gate but there was one set of turnstiles that would freewheel so that's the one we all used.
    Until the happy day when a ship with a more senior officer pulled in for an overhaul and said CO noticed the "discrepancy" and notified security to fix it.
    Well they did, and one morning just before Liberty secured at 0630,some guys from my ship were highstepping for the "open"door to beat the clock and all three of them fell axe over teakettle over the turnstiles on top of each other.Because we'd all stopped even carrying the dang cards they had to call their Division and have someone come to the gate a vouch for them,while the guys from USS Guadalcanal were strolling through the gates and laughing at the tincan guys.

Comment

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7Or did that go with the large wooden badger???[/QUOTE]

This is the city.A collection of lost souls where every once in a while,someone gets the idea to pet a furry animal.
      That's where I come in.
      My name is Saturday and I carry a badger.

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9
        My brother did the exact same thing. When we were younger we were chasing eachother around the house. I ran through the door and slid it closed after me. My brother ran around the corner and WHAM! Of course my parents didn't think it was as funny as I did.
        I did the same thing when I was like 10. I came inside (left the door open) and went to grab something out of my room. My mom gets up, closes the door and walks into another room. I come running out of my room and ran full speed into the door I thought was open. The glass door basicly exploded from the impact. Some how I bounced off and didnt get a scratch, just a bump on my head and knee. I should have sliced to bits.
        Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
        RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
        Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Some how I bounced off and didnt get a scratch, just a bump on my head and knee. I should have sliced to bits.
          Well now.. that explains a lot... ehehhehehee just kidding
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X