X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Funny you say that ... as I've been following the Banning Tag threads on here and on IACOJ the past few days, this was another sport that I thought of that these idiotic people will want to ban "because someone could get hurt".

Why don't they go after boxing and wrestling too, well they're at it. What's next? Skating, skiing, baseball, football, soccer .... what a bunch of crap.

OK rant over ... back to our scheduled program

Oh people get hurt!

Broken ribs, fingers, noses, wrists, chokings, near drownings, I could go on and on, and all of these were either endured or inflicted by either my teammates or myself.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Hijack in progress ...

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
    Water Polo!!!! You play polo??? I play for my high school, we just lost in the regional tournament this past weekend preventing us from going to states. We have 14 state polo titles. We had one starter rolled for a bull crap call and another got 3 bull crap kickouts.

Sorry about the outburst, just dont find too many people that play water polo. And yeah, I get razzed about it too. People don't understand how violent and hard it is.
    Funny you say that ... as I've been following the Banning Tag threads on here and on IACOJ the past few days, this was another sport that I thought of that these idiotic people will want to ban "because someone could get hurt".

Why don't they go after boxing and wrestling too, well they're at it. What's next? Skating, skiing, baseball, football, soccer .... what a bunch of crap.

OK rant over ... back to our scheduled program

Leave a comment:

• ffemtPAJ
    replied
    Okay, I have to admit... I had to look it up:

taupe  –noun. a moderate to dark brownish gray, sometimes slightly tinged with purple, yellow, or green.

Doesn't really clear it up, does it.

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
    People don't understand how violent and hard it is.
    And how much the horses hate it.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by surfinfire18
    The speedo thing was kind of an inside joke...I play water polo so guys razz me about it.
    I never saw the final cut before it aired on Leno, so I think it was even more of a suprise to me than it was to the rest of the national audience.
    When we filmed that part, I had a tough time keeping a straight face since my crew behind the camera just about fell on the floor laughing...

Water Polo!!!! You play polo??? I play for my high school, we just lost in the regional tournament this past weekend preventing us from going to states. We have 14 state polo titles. We had one starter rolled for a bull crap call and another got 3 bull crap kickouts.

Sorry about the outburst, just dont find too many people that play water polo. And yeah, I get razzed about it too. People don't understand how violent and hard it is.

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    Hey Eric.. when you figure out what a "Light ?Toppe?" is let me know. I think we might be looking at going with some "warmer tones" for our cute little rooms (w/ windows).

Good job with the segment.. by the way. I'm sure you're still catching hell from the guys.

Leave a comment:

• surfinfire18
    replied
    The speedo thing was kind of an inside joke...I play water polo so guys razz me about it.
    I never saw the final cut before it aired on Leno, so I think it was even more of a suprise to me than it was to the rest of the national audience.
    When we filmed that part, I had a tough time keeping a straight face since my crew behind the camera just about fell on the floor laughing...

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Originally posted by ffemtPAJ
    Eric can come over to the East Coast and wear his speedo anytime...

(don't worry, this isn't a replay of the Ross incident.... I'm female)
    Gotta agree with you there!

Had to watch it twice just to see that part again LOL. Not sure who turned redder, Eric or Ross

So, Eric .... is there a calendar appearance in your future? hehehe

Steamer, your reaction is just as funny as the rest of it!

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Eric, brother, I will admit, your reaction to his after you said that was absolutely classic.
    No heat at the dinner table I bet?

Leave a comment:

• ffemtPAJ
    replied
    Eric can come over to the East Coast and wear his speedo anytime...

(don't worry, this isn't a replay of the Ross incident.... I'm female)

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Bou made peace with mini-me....

Mini me gets the tatoo, while Bou gets peace of mind...

Leave a comment:

• Res343cue
    replied
    Oh, and don't even get me started on the Phenix helmets. We got rid of the traditionals about a year ago...and things just haven't been the same.
    Hey Bou...Sounds like he likes the Traditional better.

When are you getting the rainbow tattoo?

Leave a comment:

• Steamer
    replied
    Eric, that Speedo line and the subsequent reaction (both his and yours) was some of the funniest **** I've ever seen in my life. I've watched it probably 75 times, and it gets funnier every time.

Oh, and before I forget...
    Bou,Bou....did ya see what he said about the lids???? In case ya didn't:
    Oh, and don't even get me started on the Phenix helmets. We got rid of the traditionals about a year ago...and things just haven't been the same.

Leave a comment:

• surfinfire18
    replied
    yeah, that would be me...

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    Someone at work told me about this thread, so I thought I would check it out...

I was the Burbank FF in the video. It was definitely interesting, since I had not known who Ross was prior to filming this segment. I came into work that morning and found out that I was going to be involved.
    Ross was a great sport. The car fire was pretty impressive...they didn't tell him that it was going to explode, and even though we were expecting it, we all still jumped a bit. Even the pyro guys said it was a little bit more than they thought.
    The interior footage was filmed by Al Simmons.

Eric

So...................were you the Speedo guy />???????

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X