I Sense A Series Of Loopholes In The Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Sense A Series Of Loopholes In The Logic

Something smells in Denmark and I don't think it's the fish.........

New Summer Curfew Hours Go Into Effect Tonight
    Curfew Part Of Measures To Stem Increase In Crime

POSTED: 4:20 pm EDT July 30, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:50 am EDT July 31, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The emergency summer curfew applies to both city residents and visitors who are not accompanied by responsible adults.

The curfew lasts from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. and will be enforced seven days a week.

There are some exceptions however. You will be exempt from the curfew if you're with a parent or guardian, if you are on an errand for a parent or guardian, if you are going to or coming from a school or church sponsored event, or if you are going to or coming from work.

Juveniles caught violating the curfew will be brought to one of several detention centers around the city until picked up by a parent or guardian. If you are not picked up by 6 a.m., then the juvenile will be taken to D.C. Child and Family Services in southwest Washington.

The measure is part of a series of anticrime initiatives passed by the D.C. City Council to help stem the city's recent crime problems.

During the summer months, children under 17 were allowed to be on the streets until midnight. But Mayor Anthony Williams sought a more restrictive curfew schedule just weeks after summer curfew hours took effect.

Police will enforce the emergency summer curfew through August 30.

Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com.

So what does a kid have to do? Get a note from Mommy to say he is allowed out after hours? Or maybe I'm just reading into this from the wrong side?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

so who should I get to accompany me if I come visit???

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7]WASHINGTON -- The emergency summer curfew applies to both city residents and visitors who are not accompanied by responsible adults./QUOTE]

The real question here is, what is the criteria for determining what a responsible adult is? On the bright side, this means that politicans are no longer allowed out after dark.

Comment

Yes officer she sent me to the store to get some, to get some, (he's looking around and sees a red lobster) to get crabs.
      It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Both thoughts came to my mind. I guess that's why unless I am on FD or Embassy business, you never see me out after dark............ (that and something about pumpkins.....)
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by superchef
          The real question here is, what is the criteria for determining what a responsible adult is? On the bright side, this means that politicans are no longer allowed out after dark.
          Patrick Kennedy will be (un)happy to know that.

Of course, as you said - if I went to DC I would not be allowed because we all know that I am certainly not a responsible adult.
          "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

adult

So, if you are an adult criminal it is okay to be out during the curfew. Sounds logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench
              So, if you are an adult criminal it is okay to be out during the curfew. Sounds logical to me.

SEE!!!! I knew there was a loophole somewhere in this logic.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X