Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEEPBACK200FEET
    replied
    It's so damn hot here I don't even hardly leave the house. Temperature of 99 tomarrow with a heat index of 110+.

Leave a comment:

• arhaney
    replied
    It's so hot here that I saw a Robin using an oven mitt to pull a worm out of the ground! A week or two ago I walked in the house and looked at the thermometer and it had 99.5 on it, at that very moment my pager went off for a structure fire! Made quick work of it, I'll promise you that!

Today was 100 with a Heat Index of about 106, my buddy next door has one of those electronic weather stations.......... almost a half an inch (Yes 1/2) since April 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's dry! Oddly enough, very few grass fires.

Leave a comment:

• binganexplblows
    replied
    its been 95+ all week needless to say its not the week to fight fire

Leave a comment:

• LeuitEFDems
    replied
    A "nice" 90 deg tomorrow with a "low, low" humidity of 84%....and I get to work a 24....

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    No rain here....was in the low 90s today and I am sure with the heat index the temp was 100+

Leave a comment:

• BFDLT32
    replied
    What is this rain stuff that you folks are talking about? The last time we saw any moisture fall from the sky was July 4. I cannot tell you before that. Hot, it is not hot here it is just normal, 100's during the day and upper 80's at night. Just another Texas summer

Leave a comment:

• mcfd45
    replied
    yeah it is a low of 82 according to my car. not that it matters but the cooks line at denny's was 124 today. kinda hot.
    J

Leave a comment:

• 38ffems
    replied
    Its damn hot and humid and we are getting extremely unstable weather. For you 'nado chasers out there, the models are showing MLCAPE values over 3000 for new england tomorrow. 3000!!! Thats insane for the northeast! The air is simply saturated and with the heat its turning into a great storms.

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    From the film Good Morning Vietnam...

Adrian Cronauer: "And now we go to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt about the weather.. Roosevelt, what's it like out there?"

[doing the voice of Roosevelt E. Roosevelt)
    "Hot, damn hot! Hot enough ta cook a chicken in my shorts! Hot enough to do a lil' crotch pot cookin!

[imitating Walter Cronkite]
    Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and sh***y with continued hot and s****y in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p***y weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's a** in a wagon rut..

Off the air....
    Lt. Steven Hauk: First of all, don't make fun of the weather here, and don't say the weather is the same all the time here. Because it's not. In fact, it's two degrees colder today than yesterday.

Adrian Cronauer: Two degrees colder, me without my muff....
    You mean like this?
    http://161.58.5.90/vietnam/weather.wav

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    I saw that movie on reel to reel when I was in Cyprus on UN duties. We were there over the winter period, Aug to Feb 88/89. What a riot! (and ya there were a few of those going on too.)

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewiston2Capt
    Its HOT, Africa HOT, Tarzan doesnt like this Kinda HOT! Damn its hot!

From the film Good Morning Vietnam...

Adrian Cronauer: "And now we go to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt about the weather.. Roosevelt, what's it like out there?"

[doing the voice of Roosevelt E. Roosevelt)
    "Hot, damn hot! Hot enough ta cook a chicken in my shorts! Hot enough to do a lil' crotch pot cookin!

[imitating Walter Cronkite]
    Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and sh***y with continued hot and s****y in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p***y weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's a** in a wagon rut..

Off the air....
    Lt. Steven Hauk: First of all, don't make fun of the weather here, and don't say the weather is the same all the time here. Because it's not. In fact, it's two degrees colder today than yesterday.

Adrian Cronauer: Two degrees colder, me without my muff....

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    I think I saw some old men in orange robes just burst into flames. Its that hot I tell you!

Just came from a wee wonder through the City and yep, its humid out there. Not quite stupid hot, but perty darn close. Good thing I kept the dog inside today.

Leave a comment:

• medicchick
    replied
    Around here it got past 100 degrees, I'd say the heat index was around at least 110. They say that yesterday was the hottest day we had seen in years. I dont know why we bothered firing up the grill at work, we could have cooked the food on the sidewalk, would have saved on the gas bill.

Leave a comment:

• FDNY101TRUCK
    replied
    HOTTTT!!!

106 degrees and rising...right now.

Leave a comment:

• mcfd45
    replied
    yeah its to frigggin hot here. I'm gonna jump in the river for a while. then go to work and sweat it out there.
    J

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X