• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOTTTT!!!

106 degrees and rising...right now.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Comment

Around here it got past 100 degrees, I'd say the heat index was around at least 110. They say that yesterday was the hottest day we had seen in years. I dont know why we bothered firing up the grill at work, we could have cooked the food on the sidewalk, would have saved on the gas bill.
      All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

Comment

I think I saw some old men in orange robes just burst into flames. Its that hot I tell you!

Just came from a wee wonder through the City and yep, its humid out there. Not quite stupid hot, but perty darn close. Good thing I kept the dog inside today.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewiston2Capt
          Its HOT, Africa HOT, Tarzan doesnt like this Kinda HOT! Damn its hot!

From the film Good Morning Vietnam...

Adrian Cronauer: "And now we go to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt about the weather.. Roosevelt, what's it like out there?"

[doing the voice of Roosevelt E. Roosevelt)
          "Hot, damn hot! Hot enough ta cook a chicken in my shorts! Hot enough to do a lil' crotch pot cookin!

[imitating Walter Cronkite]
          Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and sh***y with continued hot and s****y in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p***y weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's a** in a wagon rut..

Off the air....
          Lt. Steven Hauk: First of all, don't make fun of the weather here, and don't say the weather is the same all the time here. Because it's not. In fact, it's two degrees colder today than yesterday.

Adrian Cronauer: Two degrees colder, me without my muff....
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I saw that movie on reel to reel when I was in Cyprus on UN duties. We were there over the winter period, Aug to Feb 88/89. What a riot! (and ya there were a few of those going on too.)
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
              From the film Good Morning Vietnam...

Adrian Cronauer: "And now we go to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt about the weather.. Roosevelt, what's it like out there?"

[doing the voice of Roosevelt E. Roosevelt)
              "Hot, damn hot! Hot enough ta cook a chicken in my shorts! Hot enough to do a lil' crotch pot cookin!

[imitating Walter Cronkite]
              Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and sh***y with continued hot and s****y in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p***y weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's a** in a wagon rut..

Off the air....
              Lt. Steven Hauk: First of all, don't make fun of the weather here, and don't say the weather is the same all the time here. Because it's not. In fact, it's two degrees colder today than yesterday.

Adrian Cronauer: Two degrees colder, me without my muff....
              You mean like this?
              http://161.58.5.90/vietnam/weather.wav
              Shawn M. Cecula
              Firefighter
              IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Its damn hot and humid and we are getting extremely unstable weather. For you 'nado chasers out there, the models are showing MLCAPE values over 3000 for new england tomorrow. 3000!!! Thats insane for the northeast! The air is simply saturated and with the heat its turning into a great storms.

Comment

yeah it is a low of 82 according to my car. not that it matters but the cooks line at denny's was 124 today. kinda hot.
                  J
                  It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

What is this rain stuff that you folks are talking about? The last time we saw any moisture fall from the sky was July 4. I cannot tell you before that. Hot, it is not hot here it is just normal, 100's during the day and upper 80's at night. Just another Texas summer
                    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
                    EVERYONE GOES HOME
                    IACOJ

Comment

No rain here....was in the low 90s today and I am sure with the heat index the temp was 100+
                      09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                      ------------------------------
                      IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                      "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                      BMI Investigator
                      ------------------------------
                      The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

A "nice" 90 deg tomorrow with a "low, low" humidity of 84%....and I get to work a 24....
                        The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

its been 95+ all week needless to say its not the week to fight fire

Comment

It's so hot here that I saw a Robin using an oven mitt to pull a worm out of the ground! A week or two ago I walked in the house and looked at the thermometer and it had 99.5 on it, at that very moment my pager went off for a structure fire! Made quick work of it, I'll promise you that!

Today was 100 with a Heat Index of about 106, my buddy next door has one of those electronic weather stations.......... almost a half an inch (Yes 1/2) since April 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's dry! Oddly enough, very few grass fires.
                            Chief
                            Wren Volunteer Fire Department
                            IACOJ
                            Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
                            FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
                            1946-2005
                            "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Comment

It's so damn hot here I don't even hardly leave the house. Temperature of 99 tomarrow with a heat index of 110+.
                              Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                              Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X