Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows the weather?

Seeing as my last post was locked.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods or on the lake .

Whats the plans for the weekend bros....................Me work today
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Hot here, like everywhere else. We had a pretty good T-Storm yesterday afternoon around 4:30. The town south of me had a "wet microburst".

Riding my bicycle early in the morning while its cool (6:30 or so), yard work tonight when it cools off a bit, with steaks on the grill. Not working, but on call for the weekend (Chief's out of town).
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

So hot here that we have to fight to keep the water in the booster tank from boiling over
      But we're saving on gas for the grill ... just throw the steaks on the sidewalk

Comment

After one hell of a night (Two house fires due to lightning strikes and numerous false alarms, a total of 116 runs for July 28th!) I am at home working my in my auto detaling venture.. detailing a "Stevie Wonder Yellow ( so yellow even Steveie Wonder could see it! :d ) Plymouth Prowler.. takinhg a break, that's why I am posting this!
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

It's nice here in coastal Carolina. Alittle warm, but the waves were good today. I figured if I'm going to live at the beach, I've gotta learn to surf. It's harder than it looks.
          PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Comment

The weather her is nice. Its supposed to be winter but it was warm enough to lie next to the pool and sunbath. It wasnt warm enough to swim though. But it was fun convincing my brother and his girlfirned that it was.
            "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

Yeah Right..............

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
              After one hell of a night Two house fires due to lightning strikes and numerous false alarms, a total of 116 runs for July 28th!
              Gee Gonz, y'all tryin' to become the PG County of Taxachusetts???
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

It's been hot and humid here, at least hot and humid by Vermont standards. It rains pretty much all the time, when its not raining its getting ready to. It has been a very wet summer so far. We haven't had really anything for storms yet, we get ok storms but really haven't had anything to severe. My gf got tornado's near her in eastern mass but unfortunately I wasn't there or I would have been chasing it. Would love to get a picture of a tornado in new england.

Comment

we had a structure fire last night. it was so foggy when we pulled up we though the place blew up cause the fog looked like smoke!

we had to call in over 100 firefighters for it cause it was so hot and humid, even though it was at 11 pm!
                  First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Comment

Been hot here. I live about two miles from the ocean. 100 degree days and 90 degree nights.

I can't even imagine what it's like inland or in the desert areas.
                    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

It just stormed like mad for about 10 minutes. Now it is sunny and cool. Oh well thats just Michigan.
                      J
                      It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Sunny 88 F. With only 46% humidity.. it's quite nice today!

Although I'm waiting for our typical summer storm that pops up near-bout every day. Just as long as it doesn't dump any hail..
                        Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Sunny and 90 here with 59% humidity
                          IACOJ
                          FTM-PTB

Comment

Well..........

Just got home from the second day in a row of my favorite sport, Tractor Pulling. Most noticable race was the one between Humidity and Temperature. I think Temp won, but not by much....... The humidity had the Turbos screaming, trying to force that heavy air down those intakes.
                            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                            In memory of
                            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Most of the Northeast is under a excessive heat warning or watch. Tuesday its supposed to top out at over 100 degrees. Thats in freakin Vermont!!! The Vermont ice caps are gonna melt. Oh well I really can't complain, we get one hot and oppressively humid summer about every 5 years. This is gonna mess up our third season. We have winter, mud season, then that time of the year when the flatlanders take over our state and look at leaves.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X