Nitrous Oxide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous Oxide

I've just been asked a rather bizzare question regarding NO2. I just finished my EMT-B for Fairfax Co, and I dont recall any mention of the Co having a protocol for NO2 administration in a pre-hospital care scenario. Nor do we carry it on our ambulances.

Does anyone out there have such a protocol or carry it on their cars? I'm interested to hear back.

Thanks.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    Nor do we carry it on our ambulances.

Does anyone out there have such a protocol or carry it on their cars? I'm interested to hear back.
    Ambulances with NOX? Surely there's a better way to reduce your response times
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9
      Ambulances with NOX? Surely there's a better way to reduce your response times

Ya know.. when the question was asked to me, that was my first answer too.
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
        Ya know.. when the question was asked to me, that was my first answer too.
        Does NOX even work with diesel?

As far as I know, some places in NY state use NOX for pain management on a medic level truck...not as prevalant as it once was.
        The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

I didn't think anyone in the State of VA was using NOX or nitroNox yet
          Couple of good threads on inhaled pain meds (one started by me a couple years ago doing some research)

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=81919
          http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=64136
          Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
          Stephen
          FF/Paramedic
          Instructor

Comment

BC Ambulance carries it back home Rick, for administration by medics at and above the EMR level. Jenn can probably get you a copy of the protocol.

We also use it here at the hill through the Ski Patrol Department. Works great on hangovers.
            Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

We carry it in our system and it's great stuff (FOR THE PATIENTS!!)

I know there are a lot of placing pulling it off, many in repsonse to OSHA concerns about off-gassing (don't get me started).

I hope it never goes away. The mixer is expensive, but it's a great, and in my opinion, very safe and effective pain management drug.
              Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Thanks Martin. I've toured a couple of the cars at home, and never seen it, much less heard about it being onboard. But then I guess if you dont know to "ask", you dont always get informed either.

Otherwise, the only place I've ever seen it used is for dental surgery. I've sniffed enough of that stuff as a kid getting extensive dental work done, but thats about it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X