Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui County FD

Hey all

Im heading to Maui for vacation and was wondering if anyone from the forum works out there. I was hoping to stop by a station and buy a station/Dept shirt. If ya know a good spot for surfing / eating in Maui let me know.

Mahalo

ryan

PS. I'll try to post some pictures of Maui FD rig

Maui

Just returned from Maui last week. WONDERFUL!! Didn't do any surfing but I would suggest the book "Maui Revealed The Ultimate Guiedbook". Very useful information on beaches and places to eat. Also would suggest if you plan on visiting the crater DRESS WARM! Hope you have as much fun as I did. Aloha!

Comment

Originally posted by Medic5150
      Hey all

Im heading to Maui for vacation and was wondering if anyone from the forum works out there. I was hoping to stop by a station and buy a station/Dept shirt. If ya know a good spot for surfing / eating in Maui let me know.

Mahalo

ryan

PS. I'll try to post some pictures of Maui FD rig
      Sup Ryan, when you going to maui and where you staying? I am a cop on maui but i'm leaving in week, but if you want leave me your email and ill send you some info. There are two stations out in Lahaina, I think three in Kihei/wailea and several in town (wailuku/kahului). Anyway have fun, be safe dont leave any valuables in your car, even for a minute. It maybe paradise but we got one hell of a meth problem here.

Comment

Maui

I'm staying in ka'anapali and went to visit the guys at the Lahaina Station.Really nice guys, im hoping to go to see the station in Wailuka because it looks like they have a few differant types of rigs. It must be nice to look out the back of the station and see the ocean. I also had the chance to go see the court after getting a parking ticket on Front St. Its been a great trip so far, and I still have a few more days left.

Mahalo

Ryan

PS. Does anyone know the history of the yellow rig. They are Pierce engines and they say Pierce calls it "Maui Gold"

PPS. If you have any good places to go and see PM me.
        Last edited by Medic5150; 07-28-2006, 03:30 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by Medic5150
          PS. Does anyone know the history of the yellow rig. They are Pierce engines and they say Pierce calls it "Maui Gold"
          My guess would be that the reason Maui's rigs are yellow would also be the same reason that Honolulu's rigs are yellow which is:

"'Safety concern brought yellow to fire engines'
          Q: Why and when did they change the red fire engines to yellow? Story books always read "the red fire engine."
          A: The city got its first yellow engine in 1973, said Ed Yee, administrative officer for the Honolulu Fire Department.

"Safety was the primary concern," he said, with yellow chosen because of its high visibility. Yellow trucks were phased in as the red engines were retired or needed repainting. "We still have a few red trucks around, used as relief trucks and in training," Yee said.

Despite the red engines of storybooks, red is far from a universal color. Besides yellow, Yee said, he's also seen blue and green fire trucks on the mainland."
          That's just my guess, I could be waaay wrong!
          Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Maui

Ryan (nice name) unless you already have, check out Warren and Annabells magic show, they are located at the Lahaina Center (Same structure as Hard Rock Cafe). Believe me this isnt your ordinary show, it is definately worth seeing. They serve pupus and drinks only so eat dinner before the show.

Also check out Kimo's restaurant also on front street, the food and scene are winners. If you decide to go to Wailuku then check out Iao Needle, beautiful place for memories and pics.

Anyway I work 6a-6p at the Police Station next to the firehouse on july 28 and jul 29. Come by if you need help with anything.

Be safe and have fun.

Ryan

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...