Hillary has her finger on the pulse of the nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary has her finger on the pulse of the nation

No doubt about it. Ol' Hillary has her finger right on the hot button issues of the day, with a complete understanding of the issues.
    DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - Madison Ave. ad execs are so bent on taking control of America's children, they'd put computer chips in kids' brains if they could, Sen. Hillary Clinton said yesterday.
    Saying advertisers have found so many new ways to get at kids through video games and the Internet, Clinton warned that we're verging on a society out of a grim science fiction novel.

"At the rate that technology is advancing, people will be implanting chips in our children to advertise directly into their brains and tell them what kind of products to buy," Clinton said at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The New York Democrat said the country was performing a "massive experiment" on kids who average more than six hours a day with media and advertising, soaking it up through TV, computers, games and iPods. She said the fastest growing advertising market is the 6- and under set, and that children's health is already being hurt by products like Camel's candy-flavored cigarettes and junk food sold with tips for video games - used to sell more junk food.

"People are spending billions and billions of dollars enticing children basically to be obsessed with food," she said. "These foods are almost universally unhealthy." Clinton has offered legislation to study the effects of the "advertising-saturated, media-intense" world on kids.

Robert Thompson, a professor of pop culture at Syracuse University, said Clinton and other politicians like to attack advertising because it's easier than trying to ban bad food products or fund broad education programs.

"To go after advertising really makes no sense," he said. "It's sort of a backdoor tack, but it's the safer one politically."

PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Yeah..............

Somehow, I thought Hillary's finger was somewhere else....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods

I thought it was her head that was somewhere else.
      How come she never wrote a book about succeeding in real estate when others fail miserably?She could finance her elections with such a book.

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson
        I thought it was her head that was somewhere else.
        How come she never wrote a book about succeeding in real estate when others fail miserably?She could finance her elections with such a book.
        It has to be huge!! I think Slick Willies was up there too at one point!

Comment

Hey maybe she will wanna start burning books and magazines that have advertizing in them.
          ******=================
          ******================
          ******=================
          ******================
          =======================
          =======================
          =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

I love the personal attacks against Hillary from the compassionate conservatives. Cracks me up. I was asked about my qualifications to be President against Bush's graduating from Yale and Harvard.

Anyone here want to take a crack at Hill's academic resume'? Anyone want to think (if they were female) they could get into and be the valedictorian at Wellesley College? How about getting into and graduating from Yale Law? Anyone want to take a crack about being better qualified than her? How many of her detractors want to try and tell me they had the option of choosing between Yale Law or the fire academy? I don't agree with all of her politics. In fact I agree with little of her politics. But in reading more about her and knowing people who have met her tell me she is nothing like the way she has been smeared in conservative circles. A great example would be the moron conservative urban legend of Hillary snubbing Gold Star Moms as reported by the sheep on this thread right here on these forums. And given the disastrous domestic and foreign policies inflicted on us by the current administration she couldn't do any worse.

I guess if someone really wants to hear a conservative who has their finger on the pulse of things one need only listen to Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK) describe how the internet functions and who pays for it. Methinks he should stick to getting pork barrel 'freeways to nowhere' for Alaska. I got a good chuckle at around mintue 4:45 when the good Senator explains to us how the internets (yes plural) work, and how a staff member sent him an internet, and that got delayed because of someone else's internet. Where's Al Gore when you need him?
            Last edited by scfire86; 07-21-2006, 05:24 PM.
            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

And Your Point Is?.............

Originally posted by scfire86
              I love the personal attacks against Hillary from the compassionate conservatives. Cracks me up. I was asked about my qualifications to be President against Bush's graduating from Yale and Harvard.

Anyone here want to take a crack at Hill's academic resume'? Anyone want to think (if they were female) they could get into and be the valedictorian at Wellesley College? How about getting into and graduating from Yale Law? Anyone want to take a crack about being better qualified than her? How many of her detractors want to try and tell me they had the option of choosing between Yale Law or the fire academy?
              All that she has proved is that one can be a College Grad and still not have any common sense whatsoever. And I really think that she could not make it in the Fire Academy, not because she's a female, but because of a lack of the aforementioned common sense. Book Smart and Street Dumb.
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

All that she has proved is that one can be a College Grad and still not have any common sense whatsoever. And I really think that she could not make it in the Fire Academy, not because she's a female, but because of a lack of the aforementioned common sense. Book Smart and Street Dumb.
                Gimme a break. Someone of that intellectual ability (assuming physical ability) would figure out the fire academy a whole lot easier than someone with common sense and no book smarts would be able to succeed at Yale Law. The fire academy wasn't easy, but we weren't splitting any atoms either.
                They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Gimme a break. Someone of that intellectual ability (assuming physical ability) would figure out the fire academy a whole lot easier than someone with common sense and no book smarts would be able to succeed at Yale Law. The fire academy wasn't easy, but we weren't splitting any atoms either.
                  I disagree considering the nj FF1 written test seemed like they were more interested in tricking you to get a wrong answer then actually testing whether you knew what the actual answer was.
                  NEVER FORGET!
                  9/11/01

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY101TRUCK
                    I disagree considering the nj FF1 written test seemed like they were more interested in tricking you to get a wrong answer then actually testing whether you knew what the actual answer was.
                    What's your point? Do you think only the mentally gifted can figure it out? Don't delude yourself. Written exams aren't that hard.

Comment

What's your point? Do you think only the mentally gifted can figure it out? Don't delude yourself. Written exams aren't that hard.

What it seems your trying to say is that just because you graduate from a top notch school you can do anything and everything. Your right written exams arent that hard and I never said anything was hard about the test. I was simply making a statement about the test.
                      NEVER FORGET!
                      9/11/01

Comment

I thought there was an award....
                        Attached Files
                        Be safe y'all!
                        IACOJ Animal Control
                        Ladder 8
                        "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Comment

Hillary may have her finger on the pulse of the nation, but....

Could you trust her with her finger on the nuclear button?
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                            Hillary may have her finger on the pulse of the nation, but....

Could you trust her with her finger on the nuclear button?
                            Prolly not....this could have been avoided if she only smoked cigars.
                            Warm Regards,
                            Shawn Stoner
                            EMT-B

Comment

She is a politician - therefore I do not trust her. I don't trust too many politician, regardless of their party affiliation.

Should she choose to run (and I really don't think that she will) I would be hard pressed to vote for her given her repeated statements that she would not if re-elected to the Senate. Right off the bat, you know that you can't trust her because she can't keep her word. (A rule that applies to any politician.)

I agree with you SC, she is a very intelligent person who has been around the block a few times. And people on both sides of the aisle vilify others while ignoring the twits within their own party or political ideologies.
                              "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X