Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Looking For

Oh no. Gremlins, ATTACK!
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

New Member Looking For

Hi all I am a new member on my department and am looking to purchase a dash light. Either strobe or LED and am looking for a reasonable priced one. So far the Slimlighter is looking to be my best bet but was wandering if anyone knew of any good lights for a good price somewhere or if someone had one laying around that they wanted to sell. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Matthew

*These are my views and opinions and in no way represent my department*

Comment

Now let me dig in the garage here, yup got them.

Dual landing lights suitable for a Boieng 747.

Should melt the eyeballs out of the sockets of anyone within 200 feet of your car.

Kinda gives people that warm fuzzy glow.

PS. You may need an extra heavy duty battery. Email me if interested. [email protected]
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Whackers and Probies and Lights, OH MY!!!!
        Proud member of the IACOJ.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you....

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

Comment

Originally posted by Station4Fyrman
          Hi all I am a new member on my department and am looking to purchase a dash light. Either strobe or LED and am looking for a reasonable priced one. So far the Slimlighter is looking to be my best bet but was wandering if anyone knew of any good lights for a good price somewhere or if someone had one laying around that they wanted to sell. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
          don't mind them. I would look into a single talon, by wheelen. i had one right behind my rearview mirror, and it works for me. of course, wait until after you finish your firefighter training, as well as your departmental probation to get one. you really don't need to spend the money on one until you are an interior firefighter.
          If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

Well...................

Sta4, You are VERY new here (I can tell) so you deserve an explanation. Many folks here, for their own reasons, take great delight in beating on folks who ask questions about lights. This is a VERY touchy subject, so there will be a lot of BS generated by a few who can't understand that this great nation has a wide range of problems, and a wide range of solutions. What may be totally stupid for one department is a good idea for another, and everyone SHOULD understand that. You would seem to be in an area where you respond from home, and that is what works for your department. In my area, you want to respond on a call, you need to be in the station. We are required to be on the street in under 1 minute, so we do not have any home response. (anyone may respond to the station from home, but they become the standby crew for the next call) and, in Maryland, we do not use lights on POVs. (Chief Officers can have Red lights on their POVs if they wish, but we all have take-home department vehicles assigned. My experience from lighting systems on unmarked cars is that the most light for your money is the LED "Stick Lights". Hope this helps. AND, Welcome to the Forums, glad to have you on board.
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Hey,talking about people with beaucoup lights on their vehicles is kind of fun,even if I planned to put some on mine when I was a volunteer.

For the new guy,ask around and see if someone local doesn't do the installations.They should know what's legal and/or required in your neck of the woods.
              It might even be a sideline for a fellow emergency worker so you'd be helping them out as well.

Comment

Well some of the people are quick to assume but I should let you know I am far from a whacker. I had a guy locally try to sell me the lights off his car but would only sell them as a package which included a full size bar light, two dash lights, and 8 hideaway strobes but would only sell them as a package. I am only interested in a dash light. And yes it is a rural area on the outer limits of a city where everyone responds from home except the 1 paid guy during the day and the chief. As for the lights I have checked my local laws and dept. rules and a dash light is allowed as thats what most of the members run is a sdingle dash light. As for those who welcomed me thank you and thanks for the advice.

Matthew
                Matthew

*These are my views and opinions and in no way represent my department*

Comment

Hey... first, welcome to the boards. Second, please don't feel like anyone was attacking you or accusing you of being a 'whacker.' They're simply giving you a hard time.. not meant to be taken as a personal attack!

Also, you might try looking on Ebay for lights.. I'm not sure what kind you want versus what kind you might find on Ebay, but I'm sure you will find something on there!
                  Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Station4Fyrman

Thank you
                    try elightbars.org
                    "Let no man's ghost come back to say my training let me down."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X