X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dal

I now have my threads in order.

I changed my time zone to Alaska.

Suddenly it got dark and cold, And I am confused about where the mouse came from that is eating the grass.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

sent a message to webteam through MySpace

I have been getting repeatedly kicked off another (even larger) forum using the same vbulletin forum software - the problem may be from the vendor.

Sent a message to the webteam through their MySpace page - maybe the techies are distracted trolling for MySpace babes.

Conspiracy theories:

1) All of the tech support was outsourced to India.

2) AOL aquired firehouse.com

I may drive over to College Park and check on their welfare if we get no webteam acknowledgement or problem resolution by tomorrow.

Mike

Comment

When I was looking earlier for Dr P's posting, I got distracted when I saw the "security" forum way below...

Surfed their for a few minutes, and stumbled across this:

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ead.php?t=1104

So looks like that whole Database got hosed and restored this week...and it shares a server or cluster with forums.firehouse.com (same IP).

If they had to re-build one of the servers, and it's a load-balancing cluster, and they messed up the timezone information on it it could explain the different timestamps I'm seeing.

I know there are at least two different servers running...I have screen shots of sometimes having the right GMT time, and sometimes getting GMT set four hours or so off...
        Last edited by Dalmatian190; 07-20-2006, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I'm loving the messages that tell me I have to wait 13184 seconds before I can do anything.. like search or look at 'New Posts'. No, really... those messages aren't annoying!!
          Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Oh, and Kiwi...I wouldn't doubt there could be database integrity errors too by this point!!!

I know I'd sure "hate" to be the one who has to clean it up.

(Hate = pull hair out figuring out how to clean it up, smile while writing up the bill...)

Comment

abducted by aliens?

Just noticed that there has been no public posting by the webteam since May 31. They average 91 postings a day.

Here are the last two public postings:

Forum: Firehouse.Com Site Comments 05-31-2006, 03:44 AM
              Edit profile
              Views: 860 Posted By webteam
              We have other things that are simply more...

We have other things that are simply more important. When its fixed, we'll let everyone know. Thread closed.

Thanks

Forum: Firehouse.Com Site Comments 05-06-2006, 01:24 PM
              Replies: 14 Profile changes not taking?
              Views: 1,035 Posted By webteam
              When it works, we'll let everyone know. Thanks

When it works, we'll let everyone know.

Thanks

the "infamous" thewatchdesk.com was off-line for almost three weeks as it was rebuilding it's database. Returned last week. Same vendor, much smaller forum.

When TWD returned all of their photos and files were unattached form the posts. They have been manually reattaching 22,000+ items.

I just left a phone message for Dave Iannone (the FH.com founder and boss.)
              Last edited by MikeWard; 07-20-2006, 11:38 PM. Reason: Updating info and time check 1936 hours East Coast time - timestamped 23:12 hours

Comment

These issues appear to be resolved now as result of server upgrade and some unrelated glitch. Mike, we don't post unless we need, we certainly don't average 91 postings a day...not sure whast you mean there.

We'll be launching an upgrading reg system in near future that will also likely upgrade VBulletin again. With any third party product, integrating registration as we do can get complex especially when unrelated upgrades to the backend cause unexpected results. For fastest responses, report any problematic posts.

Search also appears to be working normally, so unless anything else is wrong besides the known issue with updating basic profiles, it would appear all was related to the tech issue.

Any posts up until a few hours ago may appear 'ahead' of new posts but that should resolve itself in a few hours, we can't change the timestamps on those past posts.

Thanks
                WebTeam

Comment

These issues appear to be resolved now as result of server upgrade and some unrelated glitch. Mike, we don't post unless we need, we certainly don't average 91 postings a day...not sure whast you mean there.

We'll be launching an upgrading reg system in near future that will also likely upgrade VBulletin again. With any third party product, integrating registration as we do can get complex especially when unrelated upgrades to the backend cause unexpected results. For fastest responses, report any problematic posts.

Search also appears to be working normally, so unless anything else is wrong besides the known issue with updating basic profiles, it would appear all was related to the tech issue.

Any posts up until a few hours ago may appear 'ahead' of new posts but that should resolve itself in a few hours, we can't change the timestamps on those past posts.

Thanks
                  WebTeam
                  I'm still getting the error message when I click on New Posts.

I guess everyone who changed their time zone settings will have to reset them too, before it will all work itself out.
                  September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Try clearing your cache maybe Rspct? The New Posts linked worked fine for us just now.

people's time zone settings should only impact how they VIEW the forums on their machine only (as far as what time it says)....when they post the posts will be in the order they posted like normal....

Comment

Do you mean like vaporizing like the post I just tried Kiwi???

You know, that's the third time in 2 weeks, I was thinking it was just me...

Now I'm thinking it was just database / vbulletin flakiness.

Comment

webteam Dear

resolved Problem not.

posting persists Problem. cannot We post threads new.

sorting done problem needs think I yet.

happy Yoda not.
                        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                          resolved Problem not.

posting persists Problem. cannot We post threads new.

sorting done problem needs think I yet.

happy Yoda not.
                          FOC-ROF-LMAO!!!!

I've given up trying to chase time zones. I know where I am, so I guess thats all thats important. Although it is kinda humorous to read the reply to someone, when you dont know the question yet..... I almost feel like the Delphi Oracle when that happens.
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by webteam
                            Mike, we don't post unless we need, we certainly don't average 91 postings a day...not sure whast you mean there.
                            First, thanks for fixing the problem and posting here.

Second, this is what your information is when I go to your public profile information:

Find all posts by webteam
                            Find all threads started by webteam

Hmm. new "Join Date" but (probably) you old post #
                            Last edited by MikeWard; 07-21-2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Kiwi

PM your userid and PW, we'll look into the new thread issue

Comment

OK folks all isssues except the infamous birthday one appear well...and the site appears faster than ever as it should...Have a great weekend!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X