Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

14,000+ seconds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hwoods
    I made the above post at 1:42 EST, but the post reads 5:42. Is that what everyones upset about?
    Yes...because you have a time machine and can go back to the future!

Comment

Ok, now it is posting the right time, but out of order. arghhhh!! Oh well!
      Last edited by Lewiston2Capt; 07-20-2006, 06:12 PM.
      Shawn M. Cecula
      Firefighter
      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Ok, I'm just going to give this information and say I can't troubleshoot further since I think there's is at least 2 problems.

1) Switching back to GMT in the profile @ 10:14AM Eastern Daylight I get:
        All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 PM.

That's wrong, since EDT is -4 hrs GMT. So it looks like at least one of the Firehouse.com server clocks is running 2 hours ahead.

2) That mucks things up even more.

Something about chosing your own timezone changed how the time is recorded in the database.

Which is why Tests 1 & 2 are out of order with 3, 4, 5 relative to other's peoples posts.

And without having my dirty little hands wrapped around the servers to check a few things like server clock settings, database settings, and running a few queries to see what the timestamps look like I'm not going to speculate anymore
        Last edited by Dalmatian190; 07-20-2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

what?

Just did a reply to another post and it came up ahead of the previous post instead of after. Another electronic snafu.

Comment

I'll get them here!

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
            I was thinking of something a bit more noticeable LOL but I guess we'll see if the Webteam comes a'callin'
            How about let's all call up cdevoe/TrojanHorse, go down to the firestation, open up a 12-pack and talk about our POV lights.

Expect the WT's presence very shortly.

Comment

Explain This................

I, of all people, am not having ANY problems at all. Normally, the Crap seeks me out first, but not with this.
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

And Now............

I made the above post at 1:42 EST, but the post reads 5:42. Is that what everyones upset about?
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

In order to get the posts to read the correct time, I had to do as Dal did, change to Alaska time. Unfortuantely I've noticed that since doing that, individual posts are appearing out of chronological order, as noted by rspectfrmcalgary and a few others. So the question needs to be asked:

Who's clock is out of kilter? (and NO, I do not mean who is not wearing his kilt? ) hehehhee

{OK.. this is getting annoying too!!!!
                  The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
                  Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
                  If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nine3Probie
                    Yes...because you have a time machine and can go back to the future!
                    Wait... go back to the future?

Comment

This is even MORE fun when you're high on T3s!!!!

One has to read the whole damn thread and with absolutely NO idea which order the posts are in it makes for an interesting challenge. OK maybe NOT so interesting.

Now that I'm done my nap, after I check the NEW POSTS to see if anybody else has done so, I'm going to start a WEBTEAM - WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE thread LOL. Has anyone PM'd or emailed them about this latest problem or not being able to start threads?
                      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /online.php on line 285

Does this give any of you brains out there any clues? It came up at the top of the page when I checked Who's Online to see if the Webteam was online. the feature seemed to work normally.

I see Dr. P has posted a thread in the Forum Comments. I was thinking of something a bit more noticeable LOL but I guess we'll see if the Webteam comes a'callin' and in the meantime I believe I'll contact them directly. I know of at least one other person who PM'd them recently about the problem starting threads but hasn't heard back from WT.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I tried e-mailing them...

Ironically, somewhere between my laptop and their desktop, there is an e-mail server mis-configured...

67.133.241.187 does not like recipient.
                          Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 User unknown; rejecting
                          Giving up on 67.133.241.187.

Comment

What happens if you post an answer or a new thread and it vaporises.
                            Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                            Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

I tried emailing Webteam too, and it came back. Ended up sending a shortened version as a PM.

I've been trying to post it as a new thread, but no luck. Keep getting the "Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds." blurb

Now this stupid thing is giving me the same error grrrrrrrr .... off to read on IACOJ for few minutes before trying again.

OK that didn't work. X'd out and started over from scratch .... *sigh*

Sheri
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=82895

Here's the thread I started if anyone wants to add to it.

I think my replies had timed out and that's why I was getting that error.

Sheri
                                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250