X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing 2

This is only a test.

Comment

As near as I can tell it is taking what you have down for your time and using that as the timestamp rather than using the server time and displaying it as the time in your time zone...if that makes sense to any of you.
      Last edited by MichaelD77; 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I think the Cygnus servers have a cold...

PS 14032 seconds? Must be the same customer service company cingular has!
        My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
        George Mason
        Co-author of the Second Amendment
        during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
        Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian190
          Ok, I'm just going to give this information and say I can't troubleshoot further since I think there's is at least 2 problems.

1) Switching back to GMT in the profile @ 10:14AM Eastern Daylight I get:
          All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 PM.

That's wrong, since EDT is -4 hrs GMT. So it looks like at least one of the Firehouse.com server clocks is running 2 hours ahead.

2) That mucks things up even more.

Something about chosing your own timezone changed how the time is recorded in the database.

Which is why Tests 1 & 2 are out of order with 3, 4, 5 relative to other's peoples posts.

And without having my dirty little hands wrapped around the servers to check a few things like server clock settings, database settings, and running a few queries to see what the timestamps look like I'm not going to speculate anymore
          I think the server just probably needs a reboot.

Comment

I think the WebTeam is messin' with our brains.
            I concur. Been wondering why the time index for when a post is added has been "off" too. Even checked my profile and consulted with a phone book to make sure that the time zone was set correctly. Very strange days indeed.

Should we put a bounty out for WebGremlins? Or are they just "Open Season - NO Limit?"
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I will have an answer to your problem in two minutes. Keep checking back

Comment

Well.. I just got "mad" and changed my time zone to Alaska as well.. at least now the posting times are commiserate with the "Local" time.
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

This is such a fustercluck!!! My reply to Jonny's thread is ABOVE his original post! How's that for a neat trick??!!

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...d=1#post699267

I'm trying to adjust my options again, see if it works this time. IT'S 6:19 DAMMIT!!! LOL
                  September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Testing 3...

Comment

Testing 4!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO finally got to use my fav # in one of these goofy threads!

OK so Dal and I seem to have our time zones figured out. Keeping fingers crossed and pushing submit .... LOL
                      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Ok, Testing 1 & 2 where posted with my Profile Settings at the default of Greenwich Mean Time, no Daylight Savings.

Posting #3 was with my settings at Eastern Standard Time, Automatic Daylight Savings Time.

And #3 appeared in the right order...

But #1 & 2 had the correct times.

#3 is is saying it was posted Today, at 1:20pm.

It was posted at 9:20am.

That's a 4 hour difference.

Where 5 hours off from Greenwich Mean Time, but "spring ahead" means we're an hour ahead due to Daylight Savings...

4 + 1 = 5 hours.

Still thinking through what it means...

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                          This is such a fustercluck!!! My reply to Jonny's thread is ABOVE his original post! How's that for a neat trick??!!

Mine too!!!!!

Maybe someone perfected the flux capacitor and found a way to flow 1.21 jigawatts without electricity.
                          ------------------------------------
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                          ------------------------------------

Comment

Testing 4...

Moved to Alaska...

Comment

Testing 5,

Back to GMT, never DST....couldn't be done since the "can only post one every 30 seconds"

So let's try EST with DST always on...wow, that failed.

Let's try EST with DST automatic...worked...

Comment

Ok,

In the profile Options, you can set your timezone.

This is *supposed* to:
                                All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.

When I set to my correct settings, Eastern Time w/automatic Daylight Savings adjustment (taken I assume from my computer's settings)...

My posts appear in the correct order

**BUT**

Display the time in GMT *not* my local time zone. This post for example, was made at 09:47AM local time, but is displaying to me that it was made at 01:47PM. That's about four hours from now local time, or spot on for GMT.

HOWEVER, it's further complicated by the fact my posting when set to Alaska time is OK as well.

So,
                                Test 1 & 2: Profile set to GMT, never daylight...are showing up in the thread 4 hours too soon.

Tests 3, 4, and 5 Profile set to either Eastern or Alaskan time, with daylight on, are showing up in the thread in the correct order.

Ah, my brain is hurting trying to figure out the logic without seeing the database in front of me...the bottomline is something is screwed up in how it's recording the timestamps!!!!
                                Last edited by Dalmatian190; 07-20-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X