• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14,000+ seconds!

sounds like a normal day with AOL.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I've been getting TWO email notifications for the same post a lot lately. Maybe for the past month or so. Not for every post, just some of them.

And I just got the wait 14,424 seconds message too.

This morning I thought I was losing my mind, new posts had a time posted in the future! I set my options to -12 hrs instead of -8 hours until it is fixed. LOL

We'll see if that works or not when I post this ....
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Yes, I'm quoting myself!! LOL

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
      I've been getting TWO email notifications for the same post a lot lately. Maybe for the past month or so. Not for every post, just some of them.

And I just got the wait 14,424 seconds message too.

This morning I thought I was losing my mind, new posts had a time posted in the future! I set my options to -12 hrs instead of -8 hours until it is fixed. LOL

We'll see if that works or not when I post this ....
      Well that's weird. Not only did it have the wrong time on it (3 ish when it is actually 7:22pm now)

Interesting that it put my post BEFORE Dal's!!!

*hums the Twilight Zone theme*
      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I need to wait 13,177 more seconds before I can search again for I might tear the time-space continum!

No. Really. That's what it said. (Minus the time-space continum stuff)
        ------------------------------------
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

14,000+ seconds!

First my e-mail notifications stop...completely, and apparently permanently. Now when I try to go to "New Posts", I get a message stating I need to wait 14,280 seconds before I can access the New Posts again...What the hell!

Somebody out there doesn't like me!

By the way, if you respond to this thread, it'll be about FOUR HOURS before I see it!

Kevin
          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
          IAFF Local 2339
          K of C 4th Degree
          "LEATHER FOREVER"
          Member I.A.C.O.J.
          http://www.tfdfire.com/
          "Fir na tine"

Comment

Something is very screwy.

Looks like somebody set the time wrong on one of their servers and it's causing unusual and odd problems.

Comment

SOOOOO. Know you know what it is like to be upside down all the time.

PS. Could you all PLEASE type upside down now, I can't read a word.
              Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
              Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Dal

Negative on the time thing, it is ALL gone SNAFU.

Twould suggest a look at sort orders within the database thingy might help.

Something like

"Select * from Forum where Thread=111111 and topic = 'WhoCares' sort by StuffKnows Random"

Could work.
                Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Dal and fireman4949, I read your post before I posted........but now you are under me........hmmmmm, very interesting indeed.
                  These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

It must be SOLAR FLARES!

Kevin
                    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                    IAFF Local 2339
                    K of C 4th Degree
                    "LEATHER FOREVER"
                    Member I.A.C.O.J.
                    http://www.tfdfire.com/
                    "Fir na tine"

Comment

I noticed it last night as well...I set my timezone so I'm in Alaska now instead of the eastern seaboard....
                      Posted 23:09 ET
                      The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else getting logged off repeatedly as well. Every time i switch to a different forum I get signed off or when i try to reply I have to sign back on.

Comment

Gremlins. Gonna hafta kill the little bastards to make this all stop.

Difficulty making posts, and I just posted in another thread and my post went above a previous post.

I think the WebTeam is messin' with our brains.
                          "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
                            I set my timezone so I'm in Alaska now instead of the eastern seaboard....

You too?

Guess the problems with the forum are extending past the "Profile" issues that have plagued it since before I joined, and continue.

I've also noticed a slowdown at times, along with problems connecting in general lately. Anyone else having a hard time getting on?

Sounds like server issues to me.

Stay safe!

**EDIT** For the record, and just as a weird aside...this was posted AFTER Malahat's and Meck's posts...but it's ahead of theirs in the list. Go figure.
                            Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-20-2006, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Testing 1....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...