X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    Martin.

Twould they be perchance a Pacific brand "Battle Bowler"?

Stoner

How many Brit Firemen go off sick each year from Helmet Induced Neck Injuries?

Leather for my feet, Kevlar for my Brain. And you think we are upside down? Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    Originally posted by martinm
    Leather maybe for ever...but plastic prevails

Oh boy....here it comes!

Wasnt there a very long thread dedicated to this subject before!

When I first saw the helmets in the UK I thought they all rode motorcycles to fires. But hey, I thought the cops not having guns was weird too!

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    Well done mate...great effort and what a great day for it...the weather looks great and the beer looks even better.....

A big hand to you and your crew !!!!

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    replied
    Originally posted by KyleWickman
    ahhhh those helmets, I remember the first time I was shot out of a cannon.

Seriously, great job! I bet you got a lot of funny looks.
    Leather maybe for ever...but plastic prevails

Leave a comment:

• KyleWickman
    replied
    ahhhh those helmets, I remember the first time I was shot out of a cannon.

Seriously, great job! I bet you got a lot of funny looks.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Nicely done! (but I notice you dont indicate which one in the photo is "You" LOL )

Leave a comment:

• LtBlondie
    replied
    Good on ya!!! Looks like a blast! I'm doing a 50mile walk for breast cancer in September in full gear..anything for a charity they say..

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    replied
    Forgot to add, we raised about £200 through donations from different watches etc. UK wide the total stands at around £1'500000 just for the Mile, with more money coming in from pledges etc. Thank for the good wishes.

Leave a comment:

• superchef
    replied
    Martin

Awesome job everyone!! Kiwi is bringing the beer. I have a knack for catching fish. I'll bring the snapper and grill up some dinner to go with the beer next time.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    Martin

Great effort. (how much did you raise for the charity?)

Kia Kaha to you and the team.

Call me next time, I will serve the beers.

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    started a topic We ran the Mile!

We ran the Mile!

A few weeks ago I posted that my watch and I were taking part in the 2006 Sport Relief Mile. After weeks, well, days of intensive training involving eating curries and drinking beer, our intrepid team arrived at the start line, having limbered up beforehand (in full firefighting kit and a BA set), with a little aerobic exercise, courtesy of a very lithe young lady who put us and the other runners through our paces. Our start time was 1230pm, just as the day was at its hottest . Needless to say, it was a great day out and we all had a great time. We even got interviewed on the local radio when we finished! Heres some images from the day. (The beer at the end was ESSENTIAL in order to replave lost liquids ).

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X